The Random Randomness Thread Of Randomtivity

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh!

Wow, I could see how that would drive someone crazy. :)  I can't even master picture in picture :)

BH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL...this college football season, i decided to do something different...instead of PIP...(well i still PIP), but I bought 2 21inch TV's for cheap and put them next to my living room and usually find 3-6 different games on...but I don't use the TV sound...I have a radio in the background just playing music...usually playing cards with the guys, and having the ladies bring the goodies and beer...(LOL...only in my dreams!!!). I happen to rival against the sports bars when it comes to college football season...and a little pro football, and Baseball Playoffs...

Wow, now this tops the randomtivity scale.

the history of reduandant - where redundant comes from

Redundancy is the use of superfluous text, speech, or items, repetitive text, speech, or items, that is more than what is required or is superfluous, repetitive, or more than required. When being redundant, it is common to repeat, sometimes with different phrasing or items, the same idea or thought, thus making it superflous, repetitive, or more than required.

In 1734, which was called Seventeen Thirty-Four, or the Year of Our Lord 1734, or 1734 A.D., Lord Alvin Redund wrote a correspondance missive letter that was excessively repetitive to the point of being excessively excessive. The wording was superfluous, repetitive, and more than required. In the times following, and subsequently, and afterwards, all things, items, speech, text, stuff, and things that are repetitive, superflous, or more than required are called, named, or otherwise denoted as Redundant, because, due to, and as a direct result of Lord Redund's text contained within his correspondance missive letter. Lord Redund, also called Lord Alvin Redund, or Alvin Lord Redund, or Alvin, often dressed and attired himself in an ascot, collar, scarf, and neckerchief, as well as a cloak, coat, jacket, vest, and overcoat. This meant that often and many times, he was hot, searing, roasting and otherwise stuffy much, or most, of the time. His clothing, vestments, and attire, were considered, regarded, and thought to be excessive, superfluous, and more than required.

Ah, Bozodog, that was redundant, superfluous, repetitive, and more than what was required, but very cute, amusing, entertaining, funny, and made me smile. :D Reminds me of my College Political Science Professor, who repeatedly said, "if you will" after every sentence. Yeah, got C in that class due to boredom.....

Liz

I remember those days..."If you will"...lol...i think i was asked to leave the class because i responded "And If I don't"...just one of those things that got under that skin

I remember those days..."If you will"...lol...i think i was asked to leave the class because i responded "And If I don't"...just one of those things that got under that skin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to love that in college. That elite snobby aire that the professors had. Fools wrapped up in their own self importance.

In my experence, that snobbyness came from those who least deserved it. Specifically, some core liberal arts professors. To this day I don't get it. At my University we had brilliant engineers, scientists, and business men and all had humility. They taught as a public service, and some gave up making a killing. But a professor who had spent 12 years studying the dynamics of 18 century Italian history somehow felt superior. :(

Sorry if I offended any of the Liberal Arts majors in the group. Frankly I am not talking about you. I am sure all of you could give me at least one story of an elitist professor, so realize that is the type I an speaking of.

BH

• 1 month later...

my name is macmarauder and i sleep in the closet :mellow: ..................... it's true, i have a bad problem with nightmares, mostly due to a really bad experience and i don't hang my clothes in in there or leave my shoes on the floor there. i leave a pillow and blanket in the closet so that when i'm having nightmares i climb into the there and i feel safer. seriously i when i have nightmares i can sleep in the closet and don't usually have the nightmares while in there. the only other thing that seems to help is that i almost never have problems if someone else is in the room with me. i keep telling you guys that i'm truly weird. i'm probably the weirdest and craziest person that you could ever meat.

btw it's ok to laugh at it, i do.

Edited by macmarauder

I almost wish there was a closet that would be safe for me from my nightmares lately. Have had some doozies. I have no idea why I get them for nights even weeks at a time, different ones each night but repeated all night long, or how to not have anymore of them ever!!! One night was so bad last week, my hubby says he and the cat were shaking me, poking me, yelling at me etc. and I didn't wake up at all, just turned over and quieted down. I don't remember either him or the cat doing any of that at all, just the nightmare which was awful and it seemed to last all night.

Isn't it strange what happens when our subconscious takes over like that when we are asleep? I can be perfectly at peace all day long, not read or watch anything to upsetting, at least not out of the ordinary, not upset with anyone or anything, and then have such terrible nightmares hit me for what seems like no reason at all. No I don't eat wierd stuff to set them off either. Must be some unresolved fears or something still working stuff out while I am asleep. I am fine for a long time without even remembering any dreams, then the dreadful nightmares come for weeks at a time. Ugh!!!

So I definitely empathize with you Mac. As for sleeping in the closet, I think you aren't the only one who does from what I have read, though I know there are other people who would have the opposite problem and be afraid to be confined in the closet.

I also read once that if children had lots of nightmares, then they tend to have many more of them as an adult. Also the same for sleepwalking. I did alot of that when I was a kid. Luckily we had a good little sheltie guard dog, that always went with me and kept me from getting into to much trouble, like going out on the main county road or down to the lake (most of the time...though once I did and evidently fell in, don't know for sure if the dog pulled me out though I think she must have or what, but Mom said I came back to the house soaking wet.)

So get a dog Mac, just in case you start sleepwalking too. Plus they are good to have around for company and protection (inside or out of our closets). You are lucky you have a big enough closet for a big guy to sleep in, most old house closets are way to small unless you sleep standing up.

Not laughing here Mac, to close to home (my head) for me. Take care my friend. Stay safe!!!

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Ohhhh, nightmares....just last night I had a dream that we lost power on Thanksgiving Day morning and the inlaws sure were mad, they all said, "what the **** are we supposed to do?" when I called them (of course, no one offered to have Thanksgiving dinner at their house...)...luckily I woke up quickly, but with this snowstorm we've had today, losing power is on my mind! Maybe I need to sleep in my closet tonight!

Liz

• 3 weeks later...
you know your spending way too much time online when you sign your Christmas cards with your screen name, as i have just done :rolleyes:

Whenever I make a phone call I identify myself as Whiskeyman. When I call my niece and get the answering machine I say this is Uncle Whiskey. Any email. card or letter I send is usually signed Whiskey. You could visit my city and ask where to find me by my real name and maybe 35% of the people would know who you were talking about. Ask for the Whiskeyman and it would go up to 70%+. Very few people remember my real name.

*If snowflakes are all different, will we ever run out?

Gad, I sure hope so! It's only December and I'm sick of the stuff already, but nooooo, we have another 3-4 months of the crap (another 4 letter word, see the connection?).

My random thought for the day---I'm cold, even with long underware under my sweats :(

Liz

That's about it, Handplane! :D I have that icicle under the "z" on my front porch! I want to knock it down, but Son won't let me till it reaches the ground.

Just heard on the news that Grand Rapids reached 40 inches of snow already--and I'm in the northern fringe of the snowbelt, so we definitely got more than that. And usually the heavy snow doesn't start till after Jan 1st. Arrggghhh.

I was in the grocery store today and the "piped in music" started playing "Let it Snow". If I hadn't kept my cussing under my breath, I would have been labeled a tourettes syndrome person. I hate that song.

Liz

We had many days and nights of wind and cold this month, followed by a transition day of snow/sleet/freezing rain last weekend. That's enough of winter for me.

This week feels like a heat wave compared to most of the month, in high 40's and lots of rain, so back to normal around here. :thumbsup:

Stay warm folks.

Love, Pat.

God bless everyone.

also while your out tomarrow be careful with all those christmas zombies around. that's what i call the hordes of people stumbling and bumbling through the stores for the day after Christmas sales. tell that they don't look and act like zombies. all lazy eyed from getting up so early, still half asleep bumping into things, and grumbling things as they push their way through the crowd.

"BRAINS!

30% OFF !!

BRAAAINS!!!!

50% OFF !!

BRAAAAAAINNNNSSS!!!!

MUST BUY TO FEEL COMPLETE!"