The Ranting Game

i especially hate the ones that get a handicap sticker and don't really need one. for example, extremely fat people. I'm not talking about someone who has some disease or genetic disfunction that causes them to be over weight. i am talking about the ones that are just so fat that they can get away with disability and handicap parking stickers. the ones that could loose weight but just won't stop eating and just need exercise. i'm a big guy to (fat) but i'll be dammed if i'm going to take a close parking spot away from some one who actually needs it. if anything they should park further away like it do.

another example are the ones who fake injuries and get on disability and get handicap parking. then they wander why insurance rates are so high.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mac I understand

I am 6'4" about 320lbs. I have more crap wrong with my back from working than I care to list. I hate trying to sleep because being in one position for any lenght of time hurts.

Look around and see how many people are living off of OUR taxes, because they are to damn lazzy to work. Now watch these people sell their meds to get different drugs. (not everyone)

I tried to get help at the state and federal level. NNNNNOOOOO! Why because I am still married to both of my childrens mother! The only woman I have ever had kids with....

<deep breath>

<mumbles>

<@*&!@^%$>

My vent for today.

M

Oooh man. Don't get me started on the freeloaders of this society. We had a gal at work ask to have her (less than 40) hours reduced when she got a raise so her welfare grant wouldn't go down for her 3 (different) fatherless kids.

Another time I was behind this *hugemungus* lady with a grocery cart full of mostly junk food, pay with food stamps, and in the parking lot complaining that no one helped her out to the car and load it for her.

We The People.....

Of The United States

This is probably the best e-mail I've seen in a long, long time. The

following has been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Aye from GA.

This guy should run for President one day...

"We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone

get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our

nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of

debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren,

hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense

guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other

liberal bed-wetters. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole

lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require

a Bill of NON-Rights."

ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any

other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but

no one is guaranteeing anything.

ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is

based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You

may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but

the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a

screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful, do not expect the tool

manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.

ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans

are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in

need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after

generation of professional couch potatoes wh o achieve nothing more than the

creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.

ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be

nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in

public health care.

ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If

you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if

the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.

ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possession! s of oth ers. If you

rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be

surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where

you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of

leisure.

ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to

have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you

to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training

laid before you to make yourself useful.

ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means

that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot

easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created

by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.

ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are

from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came

from!

ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or

heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet,

you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith

at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of

our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!!

I Love that quote!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now that should be posted everywhere, in all government handout offices especially.!!!

I'd better not say more, or will really be here all night writing the post.

Thanks bozodog for the quote, gives me hope that there are those in this country that are waking up to what is happening to our society.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Pat, just think, if everyone would step up to the plate and do their best, what a great world we'd be living in?

I am so tired of the gimmi, you owe me, hand out, way people have become. And it shows up everywhere. Selfish drivers, shoppers, and even work mates.

My rant about local government

The one I work for, they suddenly find out that they have 4 million thatthey didn't know about. Turned up by the state auditor. This was money put aside over tha last two or three years for encumbrances (bills still owed) at the end of the fiscal year. It is supposed to be used. For some reason it got missed and now there is a lot of finger pointing by the finance officer (who must have known it was there) saying that the County administrator should have also known about it, If the finance officer doesn't tell her how will she know. Anyway today one of the county commissioners was on the local radio, supposedly answering questions about this money. but not once did he give a straight answer to any question. Typical poltician. So basically the public hear that we have an extra 4 mill, don't understand how it happens, and most say well ok reduce our taxes, They don't realise that 4 mill is about 2% of the county budget. and tax reductions would be minimal. So the county offices are not a good place right now.

Edited by robroy

Garbage service! Bleh! BFI just raised prices again. $50 for 3 months service. Yeah, that's just over $4 a week for 1/4 yard of trash. And it doesn't matter if you fill your bin or not. We share with our neighbor because without kids in our households we don't generate that much. But what erks me is the families that overflow and even stack trash next to the bins. We pay the same for a 1/2 a bin full, and they could fill two.

My rant about local government

The one I work for, they suddenly find out that they have 4 million thatthey didn't know about. Turned up by the state auditor. This was money put aside over tha last two or three years for encumbrances (bills still owed) at the end of the fiscal year. It is supposed to be used. For some reason it got missed and now there is a lot of finger pointing by the finance officer (who must have known it was there) saying that the County administrator should have also known about it, If the finance officer doesn't tell her how will she know. Anyway today one of the county commissioners was on the local radio, supposedly answering questions about this money. but not once did he give a straight answer to any question. Typical poltician. So basically the public hear that we have an extra 4 mill, don't understand how it happens, and most say well ok reduce our taxes, They don't realise that 4 mill is about 2% of the county budget. and tax reductions would be minimal. So the county offices are not a good place right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i absolutely hate politicians. they're just money grubbing lazy lawmakers that get paid to sit on their butts.

Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."

- Ronald Reagan

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

- Ronald Reagan

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

- Ronald Reagan

"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong."

- Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandment's would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress."

- Ronald Reagan

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."

- Ronald Reagan

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

- Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

- Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program."

- Ronald Reagan

"I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting."

- Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

- Ronald Reagan

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

- Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."

- Ronald Reagan

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

- Ronald Reagan

Thanks for posting President Reagan's homilies. Wiser man than anyone gave him credit for.

I had seen some of them before, but some were new to me.

I need to come back later today and copy them for a friend. It is to late tonight to do it, need to get to bed soon before I fall asleep on keyboard.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Ok, it's "I HATE YELLOWJACKETS DAY!" The dang things have nested in my compost barrel and are so ornery at this time of year they are chasing me outta my garden. We've both been bitten and have sprayed a whole can of Hornet and Wasp spray in there. I think they like the stuff... I can't get at my parsley and chives to harvest them for winter.

Have you tried a baited yellowjacket trap away from where they are?

Or somehow get a tight plastic tarp over the compost barrel when you spray them?

That way they would get more of the fumes. Leave plastic on tight if possible, and they might suffocate if spray doesn't get them. But be careful.

I hate those things and muddaubers too, and am allergic to bald faced hornets...like I'm going to get close enough to one to see if it is baldfaced. No Way!

Be careful.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

well, I think we did them in. (mostly) Sweet Brit donned his armor and zapped them good last nite. Heh heh you shoulda seen him, (my camera battery was on the charger, dangit) hat, bug net face cover, fleese jacket, lined running pants, boots, long socks pulled up, and gloves. And when he came in, there were several clinging to him trying to sting. I've only seen one or two out there today. Man I gotta get out there and pick tomatoes.

[RANT] Ok, so the cockroaches have crawled out of their cracks. Those insects are now shooting at the evac helos in New Orleans. And the looters? They are suspending search and rescue to stop the lawless b4st4rds! I say shoot them in the streets. [/RANT]

Oooh, yeah!!! Watching the "Looter Footage" on television made me absolutely FURIOUS. Especially these crooks who were taking armloads of clothes, electronics, toys, etc.

And I saw a clip from a Mayor (New Orleans? A blonde woman..) that she basically "condones" looting "for food and water..." Well, her statements gave the loonies an excuse to steal!!!!

We had a windstorm here a few years back, "sustained 150 mph Hurricane Force winds", of course lots of damage, lots of power outages (we were out for 5 days, we were lucky!).

Many store owners opened up their stores and told folks, "anything that will spoil is yours for free, insurance will cover it, only take what you need". Other stores and restaurants opened up with "we have water" on their marquees. Folks without water could go to these places and fill as many gallon jugs as they wanted to for free.

If these crooks would have just waited a day or two, perhaps the store owners would have done the same as in our town. But nooooo, they had to steal things they didn't need. Selfish greedy people taking advantage of a bad situation just ticks me off!

Good Rant, Bozodog!

Liz

Edited by blim
i especially hate the ones that get a handicap sticker and don't really need one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well ... I no longer worry about such things after I opened my big mouth and got my foot firmly planted in it. I noticed an employee, who looked fit and healthy, using a handicapped space at work. We have hundreds of employees and ten thousand visitors every single day and those spaces really mean something to those in need. I figured she's an employee so I wouldn't be too embarrassed or out of place asking her about her 'need." She was nice about it, now I know why she could afford to be polite about what was essentially an accusation, and told me of her fatal blood disease. That was the last time I saw her.

I don't regret having asked her and now I never question somone's need to use a handicapped spot. If I don't KNOW the story, I have NO right to make a judgement.

<rant>

People who CAN'T park a car and all the various moronic things they do because they CAN'T park a car; so far to one side of a space the next space is rendered useless, purposely taking up two spaces, sticking out into the aisle because they have the unnatural desire to back into a space but the inability to actually judge the length of their car or their location within that space, no spaces available right in front of the doors? No problem, just park anywhere the car fits; along the curb, in front of the doors, in the grass, in front of the emergency equipment, in the space earmarked for dropping people off, in the cab stand, on the sidewalk, in the driveway, in the middle of the aisle blocking any further traffic, then, of course, such morons are compelled to complain when the car is towed "but I didn't know!" Tell us something we don't know 'cause we already KNEW you were a moron when we had your car towed.

</rant>