Deals On The Net

well i was looking at a great deal of a Hard Drive on the net which i found thanks to MistaMatt posting it here and thought that it would be great if we had a thread were we could post any great deals that we found on the net. it's just another way to share with our little community. i'll go look for past ones and post them when i get a chance.

it would be really nice if a mod could sticky this thread since i'm pretty sure we'll get some good regular use out of it. :thumbsup:

Wow, thats one heck of a deal for a 320GB drive!!

BTW, who needs 320GB's????

I remember when they said that about 2GB drives and Big Bill stating that nobody will ever need more than 64K of memory...;)

Well, the thing I hate most is that all these great deals are NOT available to Canadians from most of these places. For example, newegg doesn't ship to Canada but they fly over us to ship to Alaska.

Never heard of "Parachutes" before eh...

I'm waiting for the day that they put the 4 terabyte drives on sale.

Hey Chappy,

Your post made me laugh, when we bought the PG, we were told, "you'll never fill up your 10 jigawat drive"--it was considered overkill. Of course, maybe 6 months later, Napster was born....

A few weeks ago, I ran across a "seemingly absolutely great deal to my non technical mind" on a Linskys router in the paper ($39, that was a good deal, right??) --Macmarauder, can we submit old fashioned print ads, too??

This is a good thread. I love bargains!! :thumbsup:

Liz

Hey Chappy,

Your post made me laugh, when we bought the PG, we were told, "you'll never fill up your 10 jigawat drive"--it was considered overkill.  Of course, maybe 6 months later, Napster was born....

A few weeks ago, I ran across a "seemingly absolutely great deal to my non technical mind" on a Linskys router in the paper ($39, that was a good deal, right??) --Macmarauder, can we submit old fashioned print ads, too??

This is a good thread.  I love bargains!! :thumbsup:

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As do I, as do I.... :D:D:D

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks to Mac linking to this thread from another one, I found a good place to put good deals I find.

Don't usually check out the forum index unless I am posting a new thread....and then I am very one-tracked minded. I mainly just use View New Posts to see what's going on.

So now I finally know about this thread, ...sticky too! Oh my how do I miss stuff that's right under my nose? :rolleyes:

Anyhow this is for anyone wanting a full Internet Security Suite for Free after in store savings and two rebates, neither of which is an upgrade rebate! This was in our local Sunday paper ads last Sunday. I think Staples' ads are good for two weeks but not sure, so check it out today as possibly last day for this! I find that Staples really does live up to it's slogan of "Easy Rebates", they are the easiest to do mail in rebates I have encountered.

Staples currently has McAfee 2006 Internet Security Suite $69.99, minus $10 instant in store savings. Plus there is a $20 mail in rebate, and also a $40 mail in rebate. So the net cost is $0, yep Free! Neither of those rebates are tied to any upgrade, and they aren't tied to any tax software purchase either which is unusual this time of year.

I am taking advantage of this good deal because even though I got rid of Norton and put on F-Secure IS, I am not very happy with F-Secure (net cost for me was only $10 after rebates) for several reasons, but main reason is it supposedly blocks popups and other ads too...but does a terrible job of it even on blocking popups, oh how I was so used to no ads with my Norton but had problems with Norton acting up so it had to go. So either this weekend or next I will uninstall F-Secure and install my new free McAfee Internet Suite.

Pat

God bless everyone.