Do you remember

Yesterday .......... I was 12 and i remember that day, i do not remember how i was affected but still listen to those songs being played on our "Oldie But Goodies" station !

http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2011/02/the-day-the-music-died-today-is-the-52nd-anniversary-of-the-plane-crash-that-killed-buddy-holly/70722/

Yesterday .......... I was 12 and i remember that day

Hi Chuck, thanks for the great memories so long ago and far away, seems like a lifetime ago.

How many have we been allowed for the extended visit ?

High school friends Jerry a F4 fighter pilot, Hazel a medic, JP off shore with the Navy pounding.

Remain close friends.

12 June 71 after returning from Nam we 3 ran Pete's a beer bar when 18 y/o could drink beer but not vote.

American Pie was the biggest jute box song, punch it again please or hit cancel if a drunk miss took the numbers haha

Only "A horse with no Name" approaches a 2nd.

Now if they could only fix the Texas dome so we Packer fans can stay warm haha

Oh Pete...

Edited by marsh_0x

Hey My Brother, ahhhh the oldies is dear * never get old listening to them. My wife & i use to lay on the beach at Puget Sound in Washington, where i was stationed

before taking that big plane ride to Nam. The hours are still fresh in my mind, i still love her as much today as i did in July 17 1967. Nam still fresh in my mind as well as yours, i know ! ........... less we never forget !

I was not born when this happened, but I do remember the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster (1986) and the Space Shuttle Columbia Disaster (2003). I can tell you EXACTLY where I was on both occaisions, and I believe what I was doing. I will forever remember the words "Challenger, GO with Throttle up" and Commander Dick Scobee's response "Roger, Go with throttle up" Then a POOF, and a trail of fire that came down in a hell of a hurry.

My friend Rex was the one that told me that "The Space Shuttle blew up." I was like "Nooooo WAY" and I went to a teacher and another friend who confirmed it - I don't think I will ever forget that, or NASA's announcement "It appears to be a major malfunction........The vehicle has exploded." I was in 6th ot 7th grade at the time.

In 2003, I was awaiting the landing of Columbia, when I heard via the radio that Columbia had "broken up over Texas" I was in SHOCK, because we had lost Challenger, and 7 astronauts, and now we would lose another 7. I believe I was enroute to Portsmouth Navel Shipyard, for Family Day aboard USCGC Reliance (WMEC-615), I am sure that there are other disasters that people remember, but I always will remember that for each time we go to space, or go to work, or respond to an Emergency, a Fire, etc that there is always a risk inherant with anything like this: For those that have lost their lives in disasters like this, we should always rememeber them, for they are the pioneers, our saviors, and our protectors.

Brian