Smoothwall Firewall With Wireless Router?

I wasn't sure which forum to use for this, so I picked the one with the most topics! I have enough parts lying around to throw together a another PC and was thinking of setting it up with Smoothwall.

Currently, I have SBC Yahoo DSL running through a D-Link 514 wireless router to a desktop and two laptops all running XP home. The desktop is connected via ethernet and the laptops are wireless.

If I just load Smoothwall on a spare pc, will I be able to install it on the network between the DSL modem and the wireless router without screwing up my settings?

Maybe a better question is whether Smoothwall is that much better than the security afforded by the NAT router? Should I do something else with the extra pc (including donating it to a school or a library)?

Edit: sp

Although I am not familiar with Smoothwall, I am quite sure there is way to write a rule for it. I also have sbcglobal DSL as well as a home network. I used Kerio (ver.2 because its free) and while it took me a bit to get it figured out it worked flawlessly.