Saved Webpage pictures end up in Vista Pictures folder ?

I view a web page - i decide to save it to my documents folders. . .trouble is every picture on the saved page ends up in the main Pictures folder and is causing arguments in the family. . . Is this some sort of DMR type thing? sorta spreading things around the computer making things harder to "pirate " perhaps?? Is there some around this short of saving all my down loaded pages to a pen drive / flash drive

I view a web page - i decide to save it to my documents folders. . .trouble is every picture on the saved page ends up in the main Pictures folder and is causing arguments in the family. . . Is this some sort of DMR type thing? sorta spreading things around the computer making things harder to "pirate " perhaps?? Is there some around this short of saving all my down loaded pages to a pen drive / flash drive

When you go to save a picture or Web page use the save as and then pick where you want to save it to. Just need to give it a name.

Done all that Let me explain I view a webpage I'm going to save it. I go file - "Save as" - open the documents file that has various sub folders with various different headings I've tried saving as web page comlete and as htm only. The pages save ok where they r supposed to but next time the wife uses or goes looking for pictures/photos in the windows photo gallery there are all these random images from web sites all through them, in seemingly random scaterings. . . .any ideas how to sop it happening.

Done all that Let me explain I view a webpage I'm going to save it. I go file - "Save as" - open the documents file that has various sub folders with various different headings I've tried saving as web page comlete and as htm only. The pages save ok where they r supposed to but next time the wife uses or goes looking for pictures/photos in the windows photo gallery there are all these random images from web sites all through them, in seemingly random scaterings. . . .any ideas how to sop it happening.

What you might try is Save As then open Documents. On the right side right click and choose New Folder. Name the folder Web Pages,enter and then open it then Save Web pages there.

Please double check, are these pictures saved there or are they actually shortcuts pointing to the folder where you saved it? Did you save it as a single html document or as web page complete (a folder included)?

It is probably covered in TweakGuides Vista Annoyances

http://www.tweakguides.com/VA_1.html

or here

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Photo-Gallery-frequently-asked-questions

IT could have to do with having windows photo gallery as default image handler. Have you tried installing something like Irfanview or Faststone image viewer and making it default handler?

From what I see this behavior cannot be disabled as long as Windows Photo Gallery is the default image handler

http://thedailyreviewer.com/vista/view/turn-off-auto-save-in-windows-photo-gallery-101310559

Re: Turn Off "Auto-Save" In Windows Photo Gallery????

Hi Kimberly,

There is no means of disabling that behavior, and I don't disagree that it's

annoying. You would need to use a different program to manipulate the

photos, or move them off the camera media first.

--

Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/