ive just come from another board

and some one wants to learn how to hack

and i was disapointed with amount of posts giving him info

on where to go and learn this stuff

a lot of posters are well known to a lot of us

he actually wanted books from librarys

but it dosent matter where he gets it from he is a danger to all.

and i hope when he learns he hacks those who helped him .and not mine.

very dissapointed

marty

There was no indication he was a threat, IMO. The explanation he gave for why he wanted the information was plausible, and the request itself and that he made it there of all places I take as a sign that he lacks the motivation and, uh, wisdom to represent a real danger if he did have any malicious intent. If there was a chance in Hell that he could actually cause any damage on his own he wouldn't have posted that question, either because he wouldn't need the help or because he would be bright enough to know that it would be a waste of time. If he's a burgeoning SK he'll eventually find all that he needs regardless of what was said in that thread.

It would be fun to know how long it will take him to give up and find a new hobby. Odds are he'll get discouraged after a week or so, and if he sticks with it he'll probably find more productive ways to spend his time. I can't comment on network-oriented hacking, but in my experience cracking software is just boring. The most enjoyable part is building the tools.

Edited by jcl

If this person is truely interested in hacking for non-malicous purposes, then I'm all for the share of information. If they currently know nothing, and try to jump into some illegal ploy, chances are, justice will be surved to them eventually. Just my thoughts.

Matt

As we all should know there is a difference between "hacking" and "cracking."

Hackers are actually on the good side, but the terminology is skewed to be a bad thing. I am actually a network Hacker because i try to find the flaws in my network from the outside and other companies pay me to do the same on their network. Using Such Programs a Nessus, NMap, Etherpeek, help you understand the ports and communications on the ports, and what's open and what to hit, but you can't use those to just pentrate a network.

Now Cracking on the other hand is "bad, bad." Crackers have the intent to get in and do damage, regardless of copying information or just viewing information. Of course any changes made without consent is a malicious act and should be punished.

Just like MistaMatt just mention any illegal ploy is going to get caught...all just a matter of time...

As we all should know there is a difference between "hacking" and "cracking." 

Hackers are actually on the good side, but the terminology is skewed to be a bad thing.  I am actually a network Hacker because i try to find the flaws in my network from the outside and other companies pay me to do the same on their network.  Using Such Programs a Nessus, NMap, Etherpeek, help you understand the ports and communications on the ports, and what's open and what to hit, but you can't use those to just pentrate a network. 

Now Cracking on the other hand is "bad, bad."  Crackers have the intent to get in and do damage, regardless of copying information or just viewing information.  Of course any changes made without consent is a malicious act and should be punished.

Just like MistaMatt just mention any illegal ploy is going to get caught...all just a matter of time...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, actually, a website on hacking told me this simple statement:

Hackers put stuff together, crackers break them apart.

Simply put, hacker is slang for programmer. Cracker is an actual hacker.