Try It Before You Buy It

Hi All,

Our local news has a feature that critiques those "new fangled things" you see advertized on TV and they re-did their website so it doesn't ask to place a tracking cookie anymore. Everything from the Admonizer (they say don't buy it) to Mr. Clean Eraser (they say buy it) It's a great tool to sort the gimmicks from the keepers! Newest item is the "Cold Heat Soldering Tool" (they say don't buy it, not hot enough)

Try It Before You Buy It

Liz

That is a nice service the station is doing for pepple. I wish our locals would copy the idea!!!

I checked out most of the reviews on the site.

Agreed with some that we have experience with (We have had a Little Giant Ladder for many years and it is the only ladder I feel safe on!!! works on stairs too by adjusting sides of step ladder position to each step, btw).

Only semi agreed on one (Flavor Wave machine..it is not 50% faster more like 20%, but if you use a meat thermometer to make sure things are cooked through, and learn your own best settings (their book/chart is waaaay off) for various foods it is a very good product and we use it often. I have two, both have plastic sides not the newer glass one which would be very heavy to use and who needs breakable? I bought first one from TechnoScout or something like that...now they are called First Street and I still don't like the outfit but that is another story, and then found the second one, brand new, at a second hand store a week later. You do need a LARGE sink or pan to clean the individual parts. This product is very good at keeping heat and smell levels way down in kitchen, and is excellant at draining excess fat into the drip pan. So bottom line, we like it alot.)

And also was interested in the review of the Sharper Image blood pressure machine...not to brave about buying one since the last fiasco with Kaiser one.. Ha!!!

And for what it is worth, if anyone is interested, I found a great product this week (at Fred Meyer, a one stop shopping chain here in the NW). It is called Potholder Plus ($3.99). Made out of silicon so it is safe to 400 degrees, about 6 and a half inches across, ribbed on one side and smooth on the other, and it didn't hurt to have it a pretty blue either! Best potholders I have ever used!!! I have used them on super hot plates right from microwave, draining boiling water out of kettles the unsafe way by using tilted pan lid, and lifting hot grilled pork ribs out of my Flavor Wave directly without using a meat fork, no burns!!! Also reused them under hot plates and casserole dishes like a trivet. Easy to wash clean too. We previously tried the silicon gloves from Sharper Image, those are so dangerous for those of us with small hands, because you can't get a good grip on anything and end up dropping stuff, etc. Returned them fast for full refund. So we were pleasantly surprised at how good the potholders were, and how safe they feel in gripping plates etc tightly.

Thanks again for the link, Liz.

God bless everyone.

Oooh, I'll have to try that potholder, Sidekickcat! I use Cast Iron pots a lot because I can sear the meat on the stovetop and finish up things in the oven--and boy do those pans get hot! And I can use a paintscraper on 'em if necessary for cleaning ;) Can't do that with these "new fangled pans"

I forgot to mention, they do update the site "supposably" once a week--although I just checked and it isn't updated yet--they do their TV broadcasts on Wednesdays.

Liz