i've recommended AdAware SE to somebody and then recalled reading that if you clean TIB Browser Object ,you could lose your internet connection. Don't recall if the fix came out for this.Looked around a while and i don't find anything!

Hi Echobay,

We did the "kind thing" and ran (for the first time on a 5 year old box--296 baddies found) Spybot and Adaware on my Possessed Gateway. We Googled everything Spybot and Adaware found that were unfamiliar, but after reading the info, there were a few things (which I don't remember now) that we said,

"well, should we delete this?"

"I don't know, the information's too vague"

"OK, delete,then"

Ran Spybot, everything worked fine, but when we tried to open IE after running Adaware, we got a "sorry, IE has to close" box each time we tried to connect to the Net.

Now we are looking at reinstalling Windows98, which actually isn't a bad thing, since the idiot box never has worked right, but reinstalling is very scary to a noob (thank God for the experts here)

I guess word of warning, when in doubt, keep it??

Liz

Liz

I guess word of warning, when in doubt, keep it??

Liz

Hey blim ...

Ouch...Tough break on your machine ... i agree, determining the validity of a questionable entry is half the battle. i get nervous with anything that involves the registery. i'm a chicken ...So my motto is "When in doubt ...Don't throw it out". Especially when i'm dealing with anothers PC...Over the past year alot of my RL friend have been hit with PC issues and i like to help where i can! But i so don't want to be the last one working on their PC when it takes a dump. Who does?

In RL i only know a couple really knowledgeable geeks and ya know how hard it is to get some love from them! So i lean on Google. Then when i'm totally confused i Webepedia it. By then i've forgotten what i was looking for and end up in the forum begging for help... i don't retain half of what i read. It's a gift! :D But i lurk the forums and after i see things a few time it starts to stick. i'm a really visual person .

Hey i was actually reading one of your posts because i did recalled reading about a broken internet connection.But couldn't recall what the issue was. 5 years of surfing and finding 296 cooties LOL i'm going through this right now.My kids friends are always calling me when they pick up some hitchhiker DLing God only knows what and surfing God only knows where and they don't want to tell mom and dad they "broke" their 'puter. i've been offering them all the programs that the gang recommends but this TIB issue was in the back of my brain.

Hey W98 was a fine OS imho...Stable, secure( if patched up) and uncluttered! i'm not surprized you want to have it back. With the new knowledge gathered you'll have a nice little rig!

So i've rambled now...i did hit the TAC database and did a search on TIB, BHO and the likes nothing in that search .The new AdAware SE probaly addressed the issue but until i'm for sure i'm ignoring the entry..Thanks for posting blim!Luck to ya on that reinstall!