Gas Price Talk Radio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually found one place here selling for $2.799 today, that is at least $0.10 cheaper than anyone else in the county, so I filled up. every pump had 2 or 3 cars waiting, which was the only downside. The woman in front of me must have never filled up using a credit card before, she put the card in the wrong way 3 times before the attendant showed her what to do.

$ 3.17 - $3.25 US / gal here in the Cali foothills, west of Sacto. I feel your pain screi.

The good news is that if prices continue to stay high - alternative fuels will be more viable (though still high). Wonder if Exxon, et al, is startin to buyin up all the corn crop (or other bio-mass crops) pastures ? Maybe we'll be able to buy Exxon popcorn as a side product... by the gallon... subject to market price fluctuations in the near future at a local theatre near you.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, wow, Bubbabob....remembering the '70's *ahem fake, what was that about anyways? I don't remember* "gas shortage", which luckily never affected me...... No gas outages here in Michigan...so far, anyways! *knockswood* Oh, GoodLord, Tourist Season is just starting, sure hope there aren't any shortages this summer!

Liz

Hmm, last I looked it was like 3.07 for 93 but my car has been gettin killer gas mileage on this tank (lotta highway drivin) so I'm not sure what it is right now. Been pullin off approx 30-33 MPG this time around. That's great for a B16A2 engine/tranny with a Check Engine Light (still for the same thing, something that this car doesn't have that the car the motor came out of did).

I had someone from Colorado tell me all the stations near them were out of gas because of the refinery issues. Anyone else seeing this?

This happened here in Ontario a month or so ago. It was impossible to get gas and when you could it was over $1.20 /litre for the cheap stuff!

$2.95-$3.02 for 87 octane here. The oil companies are getting ready to gouge us for the summer. Those minor refinery "accidents" should have been cleared up by now. A couple of grocery stores here are offering $ .10/gallon off gasoline for every $50 spent in the store.

I can't really complain. If you compare gas prices with inflation we are still getting a deal. The type of vehicles I used to drive in the seventies would cost me more for gas per month than the trucks I drive now. There's a big difference between 7-10 mpg muscle cars that ran 100 octane and the newer trucks that average 17-24 mpg today that use 87 octane.

$2.95 here and $3.10 in some places in town

solution

*deflate all 4 tires with ink pen*

*walks back into the house as slips on old leg casting*

*hobbles over to neighbors house*

*give the neighbor the story of how some street kids beat him up and slashed his tires*

then when the kind neighbor offers a ride you just simply accept :D

... A couple of grocery stores here are offering $ .10/gallon off gasoline for every $50 spent in the store. ...

Got a coupon good for $ .50 off per gallon when I did my grocery shopping. Nearly enough off to nudge me into changing where I buy gas ... (I only buy eight to ten gallons every week, week-and-a-half, so driving around to save a few bucks here and there isn't worth the effort for me.)

... when the kind neighbor offers a ride you just simply accept ...

VERY sneaky. Though I think I'd leave out all the shennanigans and just ask for the ride. :D

of course gas prices jump when the whip is runnin low. Dang it. Time for a another painful jobless $30 fill up of 93. e-85 would destroy my motor. Man 89 would mess it up. Premium only. Requires at least 91. I'm glad it's all 93 out here cause of those single pump for all fuels deal goin on. It means I probably get about half gallon or more of whatever the last person got (which is probably 87). That extra boost in octane makes up for it.

Work season is upon me. During this time of the year I will go through about 1/2-3/4 tank (16-24 gallons) with my GMC a week. The 2 Fords suck up much more than that. During the winter I can get by using about 1/4 tank a month with my old GMC. Due to the higher fuel prices my materials have gone up. I must now pass that expense onto the customer. I will also concentrate on bidding local jobs only even though I can charge more in the Syracuse suburbs.

Well one Ford won't be using as much gas now. My landscape business partner called me after dinner to say the '92 Ford F-150 4WD was dripping fuel from underneath. I went over to his place and crawled under the truck. The back tank was leaking fuel from the tank bracket area. I pulled the tank to look it over and found deep rust in a few areas. I lucked out and found a new tank local and installed it last night. The truck is going to the scrap yard after this season. Time to hit the auction. I need a GMC or Ford 4WD with or without plow and another GMC 2WD both with extended cabs.

Left the house on a "power shopping" trip yesterday. Regular was $3.39. Four hours later it was down to $3.19. I cannot understand how it can change 20 cents in a few hours, or days for that matter. I still feel sand in the Vaseline.

Yeah, glad I can use regular and get reasonable mileage and that Dallas is laid out circle and spoke so I can generally make a circuit to get things done rather than a bunch of back and forth.

Still, I doubt I could reduce my consumption below what it is already.

I think it is about $2.89 for regular .

[q]$2.85 Fina

2 Days 19h ago

by cnkuny

$2.85 Citgo

> 3 Days ago

by biugheya

$2.87 Highland Food Store

1 Day 11h ago

by rpfsu

$2.89 Shell

2 Days 19h ago

by cnkuny

$2.89 Chevron

2 Days 17h ago

by unupwqrr

$2.99 Mobil

> 3 Days ago

by cnkuny

$2.99 Mobil

2 Days 17h ago

by qgtke[/q]

From Gaspricewatch.com http://www.gaspricewatch.com/new/default_V3.asp for the ones nearest my home; but if I drive seven miles or make the circle by Fry's , the movie theater or Walmart on the way to or from work I can get it for $2.79

Not really worth it just to go there and gas up, but if I have a reason to go that way, I sure will fill up then and there.

I generally start checking for the deals when I get near the half tank level and then try to plan my route appropriately over the next few days.

Lets see, their original excuse was a shortage from having to switch from winter blend gas to summer blend and now it is because they have to stockpile gas for memorial day weekend and the summer ? Sounds more like the figure their puppets are going to get voted out of office and they better make money while they can.