Gas Price Talk Radio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$1.98???? Wow, that's insane! I'm thrilled about $2.19 here. BUT I keep hearing rumors that prices will go up after the elections in November....let's hope it's a wrong rumor!

The news said Home Heating Gas is supposed to be lower this year, too. Let's hope so!

Liz

I'm just wondering if the gas prices are going down because the heating fuel oil demand will be on the increase. And will someone explain to me how diesel fuel costs more at the pump than the more refined gas?

Good ol' supply & demand. More people want gasoline so more crude gets refined into gasoline, so there's more supply of gas than diesel. To stop the refining process at diesel means they have to give up the potential to make more money by continuing to refine the oil into gasoline (simplified version of the process but you get the idea), so they're supplying a smaller market with a smaller supply, hence the higher price.

• 3 months later...
Need to dig this up to celebrate! *happydance* *happydance* *happydance*

$1.95, yes folks, that is UNDER 2bucks. Sure not complaining here!

DJ, put some *happymusic* on!

Liz

Still $2.50 USD and above here in the California Sierra foothills... and another refinery fire in the SF Bay Area today that's sure to raise prices even more <_<

One advantage to living in Michigan...prices go down when the sidewalks roll up for the winter! But we make up for it in Summer. Gotta get those Chicago tourist dollars, I guess.

One thing that a gas station clerk told me--when gas goes down, milk goes up....yup, she's right. 2% jumped from $2.49 to $2.79 in the past two weeks!

Liz

Edited by blim

since it's been unseasonably warm around here, demand for oil for heating has plummeted knocling 87 octane gas (regular) down to an average of $1.99. Guess who's the one compact driver with a high compression motor in these parts. <_< It's $2.19 for me. <_< My B16A2 requires 93 octane (premium) to run correctly. I'm not the only one in this boat but still B series and K series VTEC Honda/Acuras are rare in these parts.

Yeah, how about that. Crude is at a 20 month low and our prices here have only dropped to $1.92 to $1.95.

Talk about gas pains.

Fuel prices will be more than $4 per gallon within eight years and more than $5 a gallon by 2020, a University of Michigan survey of industry experts predicts.

Researcher Bruce Belzowski said the figures were adjusted to be in 2006 dollars, so the actual numbers could be higher.

Those polled also agreed that around the $4 mark will be the point at which fuel economy becomes of primary importance to consumers.

• 2 months later...

hit $3.39 for 87 last wed(a week ago) with the weak excuse of the British hostage "crisis" since the release AND the drop in crude you'd think it might drop back down a bit huh..??

NOPE $3.39 this morning..we continue to get ripped off.. :angry2::huh:

hit $3.39 for 87 last wed(a week ago) with the weak excuse of the British hostage "crisis" since the release AND the drop in crude you'd think it might drop back down a bit huh..??

NOPE $3.39 this morning..we continue to get ripped off.. :angry2::huh:

Well, Gas is $2.70 here. Ill shut up and stop complaining now. :unsure:

Everything's expensive in California....sure hope your wages are higher to offset the high prices!

Now I heard the reason for the jump in prices is that the weatherguessers are predicting a bad hurricane season, which makes no sense since hurricane season doesn't start for months...OK, as far as the oil CEOs go, it does make sense...to them! (of course the real reason is that travelling season is starting...)

All I can ask is that everyone joins me in my gasoline boycott which I've been doing for a couple years now. It's impossible to completely boycott gas, but when you run errands, bunch as many of them as possible into one trip. When you go to the bank or fast food restaurant, park in the lot, turn the car off and walk into the building instead of using the drive thru. Try to keep that car in the driveway and avoid unneccessary trips! Supply and demand!

Liz

Well just filled up tonight after work. $26. For 8.9 Gallons......of 93 octane..............

Damn high compression.

$2.89 for the good stuff $2.69 for water, IE 87 Octane. Almost wish I had a CR/VTEC engine swap (B20 block plus B16 head, I have a full B16A2 motor/tranny) so I could still get some power but be able to use 87 for daily driving. Keyword, almost. I still love the pure sport high compression B16 with the close ratio tranny.

been $2.89 for 87 octane here all week, so I guess that in the next 2 weeks we will se $3.00 per gallon. seems like price gouging to me if it isn't the same price everywhere, but state taxes make a difference. If I drive 15 miles to Virginia I can save 15 cents per gallon but of course I use most of the extra gas I get for my money to pay for the 30 mile round trip.