Gas Price Talk Radio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$1.95 for 87 octane here. Been that since Thursday. I paid $2.25 for 93 Octane Shell V-Power. For the most part, the prices are still the same but I heard tale nearby there's 87 octane gas for $1.92.

Funny how in such a short time after additional offshore and sensitive area drilling is approved by Congress, prices came down. It's almost like foreign oil companies are trying to dissuade us from tapping our own reserves or something. <_<

Of course, supply and demand is still relevant: With the economy in the doldrums no one's driving if they don't HAVE to.

Stopped and got gas after class. $1.79 for 87 Octane Regular. It was $2.09 for my 93 Octane Shell V-Power. I put in 9.5 gallons and paid $20. Last time I remember paying $20 for a full tank was in my old car and that was with 87.

I am saving big $$ with the lower gas prices ,I went from having to draw money out of my account in the middle of the week to survive to a surplus of money at the end of the pay week now

and i filled up my vehicle for the first time last week

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStationsBeta.aspx

Edited by Dan72

Yep, I think that hit a lot of folks really hard and contributed to the economic crisis we are in. Low and Middle income folks could not cut back on the fuel they used going to work and hence had to draw down savings when they were living on a paycheck to paycheck budget and it does not take long for the average person to exhaust those savings. Then they have to choose which budget item gets slashed food, housing, medicine.... something has to go.

First is discretionary buying, making things last longer and not buying things you do not absolutely need.

Without the average consumer buying stuff soon the whole economy is in a world of hurt.

I think that a great part of the drop in gas prices is that the speculators and commodity brokers are no longer able to borrow money or short other investors holdings so that they can speculate on the price of gasoline and drive it up to make themselves some quick money. Even the hedge fund guys are avoiding it and hence only the actual buyers and sellers are involved and the price is returning to what it should be.

Still we need to cut our demand for gasoline and foreign oil; but we also need to regulate the scumbag speculators and keep them from driving the economy down the drain again.

Not quite sure if it's the gas but I've kinda hit a surplus of money too. So much so, I'm buying my mom a new cell phone and something else, my dad a Blackberry, and my brother a 640GB hard drive for Christmas and I just bought a new laptop, replacement LCD for my old laptop (cause I already hate the new one and am selling it), and 3 PC games in the last few weeks. But only paying $18 to fill up as opposed to $35-40 is certainly helping.