Your Sacrifice...memorial Day

I found this at World Start, credits to Donna. This says it all.

Your Sacrifice...Memorial Day

We walked among the crosses where our fallen soldiers lay.

And listened to the bugles as taps began to play.

The Chaplain led a prayer, we stood with heads bowed low.

And I thought of falled comrades I had known so long ago.

They came from every city across this fertile land.

That we might live in freedom.

They lie here 'neath the sand.

I feel a little guilty, my sacrifice was small.

I only lost a little time but these men lost their all.

Now the services are over for this Memorial Day.

To the names upon these crosses I just want to say,

thanks for what you have given no one could ask for more.

May you rest with God in Heaven

from now through evermore.

In memory and gratitude to the fallen who have made the ultimate sacrifice so that we may live in peace and freedom.

bar5

Very nice.

Some have said that the young have forgotten those who gave all because all that remains is a headstone with a name and a date on it.

Sometimes I belive it,while there are days when I feel kind of foolish.

Today was one of those days,I went to where my mother and father rest to put out flowers and a flag for them.

As I looked around on the short walk to the graves I noticed flags here and there,and then there were more and more as I looked.

I found out that a local boy scout troop had placed flags on all of the ones that were marked as a serviceman or woman.

Now this is a small cemetery that has served this valley for sometime and while I have spent some time there I was surprised when I found out that 2000 flags had been given.

I stayed for awhile then but my flag back in the car as I did not want to take away from what these young people had done to show respect to those who served our country.

Some have not forgotten,and I am glad.

Yes, lets not forget anyone who has sacrificed their life for others.

This is why my signature image is what it is, I lost many Brothers and Sisters on 9/11 and I'll never forget their sacrifice. My sig image is a tribute to their lives and to their families.

Just the inspiration given by charitable words will drop the strongest of men to their knees. As we all charish, THANK YOU TO THE ONES WHO GAVE IT ALL...

i myself got too wrapped up in the weekend activities and made a post to wish all a Happy and Safe Weekend. Never once mentioning our fallen brothers and sisters. i was humbled by this post and all the heartfelt posts in these forums.Both inspiring and touching!

While i have been fortunate in not losing a friend or family in war times.i sometimes forget others have! i am guilty of going to the parades and whining about how hot it is and sending the kids to grab the candy! Well that did NOT happen this year.The men folk went to the parade to represent our family. We women set aside our preparations and reflected on the truth of the matter.Tears flowed freely as we remembered that some gave all and all gave some! We've decided to send messages to soldiers thru a website of our choosing! We can't personally thank those that have fallen...But we will remember them! We've decided to thank those men and women that might be in harms way today!

What a wonderful tribute to our fallen brothers and sisters you have made here!

Dave (squeezit waffle bisquits)..A friend of mine's son was filming with Third Watch and from what i hear...We truly lost the best of the best! Always in my thoughts forever in my prayers!