Problems with Window 7 Home Premium

Hello everyone! I've been searching for a fix by using Bing, Google but no luck or I'm doing it wrong. Anyways My problem is my PC will shutdown or reboot the odd time by it self but most of the time I have to ether press the reset but or hold the power button to restart or shutdown the PC. I tried reinstalling Window 7 and still no luck. Does anyone know a fix for this? I built this computer an I swear it's the worst one I have built. This PC has been back to the store where I bought the parts and every time I take this PC back to the techs, they seem to find nothing. First computer I have built that I have so many problem. Specs are in my sig.

Thanks for your time :thumbsup:

Bryan

Could be a bad Power Supply,memory or Motherboard. Test the Memory and try another PS if you have one. Have you checked the CPU and memory temps? Could be getting too hot.

Can't see it being the power supply as its quit new 750 Watt Cosair Couple months old. The temps in BIOS seems to be normal.

Edited by sceeter32

How long ago did you build this PC? Has it always had this problem? If so I would still check the PS and memory. New doesn't always mean it is good. I bought a new Motherboard once that was bad.Could also be a new device you just installed or one going bad.

How long ago did you build this PC? Has it always had this problem? If so I would still check the PS and memory. New doesn't always mean it is good. I bought a new Motherboard once that was bad.Could also be a new device you just installed or one going bad.

This pc is only a couple months old and I have not installed anything new. This gigabyte motherboard has been a pain in my neck since i bought it. Alway problems, I think this computer been to the repair shop more that I see a doctor. They done stress tests and the whole shabag and they tell me it work perfect. It's been doing this on and off but getting worse lol

My System Temp is 26/78 Degrees C/F and CPU Temp 26/95 Degrees C/F

Edited by sceeter32

Those temps look really low to me. If it has been doing this since you put it together I would suspect either the Motherboard or one of the other components. I fixed a Dell once that did the same things as yours and after replacing the PS it fixed the problem. I would try another PS first. Did you test the memory?

Edited by lefty1953

Lefty: He means "Event Viewer" Logs -

Sceeter: check these to see of there are any Windows Related errors causing these problems - You May find something hardware related causing the problem ;)

Good Luck!!

Brian

Go to Control Panel > System icon > Advanced system settings > Startup and recovery and uncheck Automatic restart. This should give you a blue screen with an error.

Then go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools,> Event Viewer > System Logs and check both Application and System logs . Look for events that occur just prior to a reboot to see if there is a clue. You can copy and paste the events that are red here for someone to look at.

Well when I goto Start ----Shutdown. You'll see the shutting down screen and it just hangs there for as long as you want it to be, until you hold down the power button. The same thing happen when restarting, but restarts works most of the time. I just can't find want making this happen.

Thanks for your replys

Bryan

Edited by sceeter32

Have you tried another PS? If you have any other PC around it should have all the connections you need to test it.

Thats the problem this motherboard has a little different plugs on the PS than my last PC. I tried to use my old PS when I built my new one but found out I had to buy another PS to get my PC up and running.

Here's what I found.

error2.jpg

Does anyone know why my hard drive makes clicking sounds every now and then. I have 2 SATA 1TB drives, and when I go to open a file on second drive theres a 5 to 10 sec freeze up before you access that file. Once you clicked on file you'll here the HDD wind up like it was a sleep lol.

Here's a video showing my shutdown problem: (Click on picture)

th_Computer.jpg

Edited by sceeter32

How do you have the Hard drives hooked up? I would make both master drives and have the CD/DVD drive as slave to one of them. As far as clicking could be you have a bad connection to one or both drives.A bad connection can cause freezing and bad shut down as well. Double check all your connections to all drives and devices. This includes the Graphics card. Also I would go into BIOS and make sure nothing is set up to wake up the PC.

How do you have the Hard drives hooked up? I would make both master drives and have the CD/DVD drive as slave to one of them. As far as clicking could be you have a bad connection to one or both drives.A bad connection can cause freezing and bad shut down as well. Double check all your connections to all drives and devices. This includes the Graphics card. Also I would go into BIOS and make sure nothing is set up to wake up the PC.

Ok I will do as you mentioned and let you know as soon as I can do it.

Thanks lefty and others for your time and help, much appreciated

Bryan

I just took back my PC where i bought the parts for the computer build and they did there tests and found all the hardware is working good plus the PS. They figure its a software issue and suggest to reinstall the OS and install the software that I us one at a time, and restart, shutdown after each install. Hope this works.

Bryan

Edited by sceeter32

That could do it. You don't have more than one Anti Virus program running do you? I know that can cause a lot of problems as well. If you haven't already started redoing the PC I would suggest just removing ADD/DELETE from control panel programs you last installed first. One at a time and rebooting each time to see if it helps.

One good thing to remember is when you set up a new PC you should always only install 1 program at a time and try the PC out before installing another. This way you will know what program causes the problems. And some programs clash with others. Like 2 Antivirus programs is not a good idea as well as 2 or more Toolbars on IE or Firefox. I have never had good luck with any toolbar. And there are programs that are constantly trying to update on the internet. These cause problems and you should turn off auto updates for them.

Edited by lefty1953

One good thing to remember is when you set up a new PC you should always only install 1 program at a time and try the PC out before installing another. This way you will know what program causes the problems. And some programs clash with others. Like 2 Antivirus programs is not a good idea as well as 2 or more Toolbars on IE or Firefox. I have never had good luck with any toolbar. And there are programs that are constantly trying to update on the internet. These cause problems and you should turn off auto updates for them.

That's a great idea at least you know what software is the bad guy that screwing up your computer. Ya when I picked up my PC from Memory Express they told me its a software issue and suggest to reinstall Win 7 and install drivers + software one by one like you suggested. Went to reinstall windows and got no further. Win 7 hangs at the blue flowery screen with the mouse arrow. I waited and waited with no luck. I then just took it back to the store and spoke with the manager cause this PC has been there to many time with similar problem. My PC has been through hardware stress tests and the result come out theres nothing wrong with my hardware. To make a story short there gonna fix it right (Cross Fingers) My complains were heard lol. Just weird that I bought all my computer part at this store and built many computers and never had this problem with any computer I had. This one has to be the worst PC build ever. Oh ya I was only running one Anti Virus.

Thanks

Bryan

Good news! Just picked up my PC today and found out there was something wrong. The ram was faulty, so they replace the ram. My Anti Virus that my ISP provides causes the bad reboots & shutdowns. I bought ESET Nod32 Anti Virus. Computer runs great now.

Thanks all

Bryan

Edited by sceeter32

Memtest86.com takes you to their site. I created a ISO for mine years ago. Not sure it will work with the new RAM.

If you don't want to buy it you can go to their download section and create it on CD yourself.

Edited by lefty1953