Hybrid Car Could Bsod On Highway

so your problem isn't the car. it's your young age and unfortunateness living in Ireland with insurance companies that have a poorly designed policy. anyways how is that different from a Ferrari. which is going to coast you a lot more anyways. and why would they multiply your age in the equation. so the older yo are the more it's going to cost. that makes no sense. it's the exact opposite here. the older you are and the longer you've been with the company the less they charge.

BTW you missed the entire point of my posts. they went right over your head. do you even know what an american car is? do you even realize how many american and american designed cars are in the new car market. heck i'd almost be willing to bet that you admire cars that you thought were European that aren't all European cars. for example you liked that new mazda RX8. guess what mazda and ford have been swapping parts and design for 25+ years. that new rotary motor was one of the first designed at the new ford R&D here in the US. Jaguars are another example. it sits on a modified ford taurus chasey, then they started using a ford drive train, then for AWD, and now the new Jaguar motor that everyone loves is.... you guessed it a ford. maybe it's just that i've been fortunate to have a privilege automotive life because of my fathers job skills but you need to get out and broaden your automotive horizons.

the whole key of my posts earlier was that there are about 50 different american automobiles to choose from in the market today and here in america we place different values of the different aspects of our cars. don't be one of the blinded consumers that just follows the trend.

other wise you might belive something like this ---------------- microsoft windows is easily the most widely used os so it must be the best one out there.

Edited by macmarauder

Exactly MAC...that is why i was trying to say insurance companies are the only ones who can tell you how much that is going to cost. If you have been with them for 10+ years you are going to get a better deal at any age, of course unless you just started driving, than you would if you are just signing up with the company and driving a Vip BMW or Ferrari...also the features on the car can get you reductions...ABS, Fuel-cutoff, 4 wheeldrive, babyseat belts, lap bets, airbags...the list goes on and on...

I can't get enough of cars...but once the dollar sign shows up...that car only becomes a dream

Bah, insurance!!! No offense to anyone in the industry, I used to work for an insurance company, but it sure is a racket! You have to have it to register a car or carry a mortgage, yet we pay more car insurance to accomadate the uninsured drivers and nowadays, if you make a claim on your homeowners, they likely will cancel you!!!

I cracked a car up and filed a claim ("my" fault because I was driving down a main street at 1pm and there was a foot of snow on the street and I swerved to avoid someone fishtailing...it wouldn't have been my fault if I hit the other car instead of a telephone pole, go figure), which raised my rates for 3 years---which equalled the cost of repairs, so I payed for it anyway. Will never again make a claim unless I total the thing!

Only way to keep ahead of the racket is to shop around every couple of years to get the cheapest prices!

Ooooh, a Sub Rant :)

Liz

*Mac, I wouldn't be surprised it thats what the mechanics do, then charge $150 for a new part!!!

Bah, insurance!!! No offense to anyone in the industry, I used to work for an insurance company, but it sure is a racket! You have to have it to register a car or carry a mortgage, yet we pay more car insurance to accomadate the uninsured drivers and nowadays, if you make a claim on your homeowners, they likely will cancel you!!!

I cracked a car up and filed a claim ("my" fault because I was driving down a main street at 1pm and there was a foot of snow on the street and I swerved to avoid someone fishtailing...it wouldn't have been my fault if I hit the other car instead of a telephone pole, go figure), which raised my rates for 3 years---which equalled the cost of repairs, so I payed for it anyway. Will never again make a claim unless I total the thing!

Only way to keep ahead of the racket is to shop around every couple of years to get the cheapest prices!

Ooooh, a Sub Rant :)

Liz

To go right along with LIZ, i was in an accident on Feb 13th before Valentines day. Giving the situation, the dodge ram that ran me off the road and into a 4ft bush and through a wooded gate post, he claimed all responsibilities, as well as calling the insurance company on site. Well that was all find and dandy, until I found out that he was trying to blame the wreck on me. It took almost 2 weeks to get the police report to my insurance company which was the same as his (State Farm), so i wouldn't be billed with a 3000$ charge for repairing my car. After everything was all said and done, and finished with the repairs and me paying nothing (so far), my insurance company raised my rates $10 a month. This was the first accident i have ever been in for the 7 years that I have been driving...(since i was 15). They accused me of not being a safe driver in my surroundings and not responsible enough to call up and notify them of the accident first, where as the other guy did...well needless to say, I no long use State Farm, and i pay almost $200 less every 6months when the bill comes in...

D*mn insurance companies...i was with them because of my parents, and it was a good policy with very low premium for full coverage, and had time with the company, but now i have to start over with a new company that i have only been with for 3-4 months...WOW

For being so young yes insurance has it in for me, however the import of cars follows the same rules. The goverment places huge vat (value added tax) and road tax, all calculated by engine size and value of the car. And since the introduction of penalty points for speeding, dangerous driving etc etc, insurance companies have been given a god given right to charge whatever they want, and theres no regulation. And yes, insurance gets more expensive each and every year, it only goes down if you constantly swap insurance compaines from year to year. My mothers 1989 polo, gets more expensive by the year, even though its certified to be on the road, and my mother is 29ish years older than me.

Absoutly american cars/car manufactures have a major influence in every car market accross the world. Ford, jaguar, auston martin are bascialy the same company, just cater for a different market. Auston martin uses jaguars flat 6. Its also evident that ford takes influences from volkswagon, the new mondao looks like a clone of the passat.

I would absoultly love to either have enough money to live in a different country where exposure to cars in everyday life, or to own these kind of exotic cars. Ive only ever seen 1 auston martin in my whole life, which was the v12 vanquish and i nearly started to drool as it passed me. I love the dodge viper, a big mussel car with enough power to make the world spin the other direction. The 1970's mustang has a lovely design, and set the standard for mussle cars. The ford f40, the best racing car in the world, which won lemans 3/4 times in a row, a world record that stands to this day.

Ive never heard of a ford tarus, i dont even have a clue to what it looks like. Cars on the market might use components from different american cars, but nobody boasts about thoes features. You have to remember that here, in this part of the world, the thought of it being "american" is ugh. The nissan 350z is an example. British journalists road tested the american version of the 350z and claimed it was the worst car on the market. Several months down the road when a british nissan 350z was released it was awarded the "car of the year" by the exact same journalists. Im sorry if im being ignorent not recognising parts from american cars in other exotic supercars, or every day road cars but your just not told about it.

For example, i was astonished when i heard Indi cars, were not american, but british made. I felt the same way when I found out the F1 ferrari was british designed. I suppose its national pride that gets in the way of giving unbiased facts but that is life. And thank you for telling me that ford designed the rotary engin, thats the first ive ever heard of that. It would clarify as to why the germans havnt jumped on rotary engins yet.

Pierce

Sorry i abandoned the thread.i had a family emergency that took me out of town. Glad you shared your opinions, the info, the links and the laughs.Cars are such the common denominator eh?

As a kid i grew up by a dragstrip and it was my summer job to work between the company stock car and drag race tracks. In the early 70's it was all about the "Funny Cars". i saw the land speed record (back them it was an awesome 296 MPH!) broken by a car /rocket (he he he... hey your call) that was fueled by hydrogen peroxide.It was then promised as the fuel of the future..Looks like they are getting there from the look of your links eh Vile_DR?

i am just to old school but i like my BC cars ( bc = before computers).Insurance bytes if you have a car determined "likely to be stolen" too.What a gimmic... Anyway what ever vehicle we decide to run, and insure it still has to travel on the pothole ridden roads here in the mid west. Nyuk nyuk nyuk...

Hey Pierce.

Forgive me if i'm wrong...i'm having a memory leak here ...i don't believe i've posted you before.Pleased to meet ya!

some idiot actually said that about the 350Z. :blink: no way!!! the 350Z is an incredible car, what was he thinking??

and as far as design swapping goes. your right it goes both ways. there are signs of european influence here too, especially Japanese influence here with the big boom in the tuner craze.

the secret to the success of ford GT40 was european handling with american muscle and german airo. ohhh and of course a drive with balls of steel to drive that thing. how in the world did they stand it. i just couldn't handle the F1 cars of today let alone old race cars of the days past.

now if we could just merge all the different manufacturers together and make a true super car.

top speed 450mph while getting 30 mpg and a 0-60 time of "OHHHHH MY GOD"

Well MAC look at bikes...not the petal bikes in which all you need is a hotdog and a gatoraid to keep going, but the crotch rockets. I mean 450mph might be out of the range, but 200+ and 25-40 mpg...But there is a bad thing about bikes...insurance kills here too...The GT40 you speak of is being released as the GT...it is one pile of plastic ford parts and cost an easy Buck.30(with a lot more zeros) before you think about the options you want on it. But i have to give it to the "Asian's" because they did make a car that was superpowerful is done right and a very economical car, plus it is coming back to the market in 2007 and that was the supra. A standard v6 ran like the honda's back in the 80-90's with almost 100 more horsepower. The turbocharged...depending on the driver, would pick up more mpg unless you wanted to feel the raw power and throw it to the floor. I don't think the one they are going to release in the future will be anything close, but that is what separates the men from the boys and the family's from the loners...Either you can blow your cash on cars/insurance and a moment of fun, or save and create a life without boundaries and worries...atleast IMO...

Hope everything is koo now EchoBay...sry to hear about the emergency...

Hydrogen is very very dangerous (think of the hydrogen bomb, or blimps. I can't remember but wasn't the Hindenburg full of Hydrogen or Helium), but if concealed and controlled correctly, we could emmense a longer fuel source than petroluem. The first potato gun i made for a project in Middle school for the civil war battle we had to put on, was made with Hydrogen, Methane, Startch, Chlorine and a roll of paper and fire... contained in a plastic bottle...it was mixed accordingly, with the help of the parents, it was a 100yard projectile launcher, and could kill if it was up close...but is was huge...one person could carry it, but 2 for safety when shooting it...LOL...sry about the off subject

hi echobay, /me waves

Yeah the crotch rockets, hmm Ducati 999 RS comes to mind MUHAHAHAHAHA. 220mph, and 50mph to 150mph in the blink of an eye, and sure will put a smile on your face. And yes, i believe its the fastest production motorcycle in the world, at 220mph its mind blisteringly fast, only 10mph slower than a maclaren f1, and beats pretty much every car thats not rocket powerd off the line.

The f1 cars are now being wound down, but last year they were something else, 1000hp v10's 3.5 ltr engines. But now they are trying to make it more competitive by making the teams use engins for 2 weekends, so 1000hp becomes "unreliable", then i think they are going to reduce it to v8, turbos superchargers and nos were all out lawed back in the early 90's when they were reaching the same speeds of today. Yes folks thats right 1000hp, 0 -> 100mph ->0 in 6 seconds, no external influences, just engine tyres road and a supercomputer providing traction.

The ferrari f1 team was always infamous for saying every problem was "electrical" and one person was commented as saying "yeah right after the crankshaft blew up and went through the electrical box"

I personaly believe the fuel of the future is hyrdogen, yes its an extremly volitile gas, however there are developments in material that absorbs hydrogen and is non-flamable. I dont think supercar manufactures are going to be looking at batery powered cars, unless they are nukeular fuel cells. But 2 great things about hyrdogen, burn it and its water, and hydrogen comes from water, so non polutive, and water is everywhere. For examples of everday usage of hydrogen, the space shuttle uses hyrdogen fuel, and that big cloud thats formed around the shuttle launch is actually a real cloud that will float off and rain..

They used to fill blimps with hyrdogen, however after the hindenbourg it was then decided to be a good idea to use helium. Gosh i wonder why hehe

The person who said that about the 350z is no other than "jeremy clarkson" hes a bit of an idiot but one of the biggest car journalists for ireland/england.

Pierce