How can I recover my lost data from my computer?

I formatted my computer and I want to recover my data that I deleted long time ago. Is that possible? should I use a special software? What can I do?

Yeah definately it is possible..........Deleteing the files or data only deletes the reference to them. The files are still on the hard drive until they are overwritten......

There are programs or softwares that will find these deleted data.....Advanced disc recovery is a type of application which is used to recover lost data...it can also recover data from formatted hard disc .....u can also try this.........

Link removed. Site distributes rogue software. OP and replier share same IP. -TT75-

I formatted my computer and I want to recover my data that I deleted long time ago. Is that possible? should I use a special software? What can I do?

Yeah definately it is possible..........Deleteing the files or data only deletes the reference to them. The files are still on the hard drive until they are overwritten......

There are programs or softwares that will find these deleted data.....Advanced disc recovery is a type of application which is used to recover lost data...it can also recover data from formatted hard disc .....u can also try this.........

Link removed. Site distributes rogue software. OP and replier share same IP. -TT75-

Lots of good safe free applications to do this, there is a recommended software sticky which should have some options like Recuva, PC Inspector recovery, Restoration, ....

All are raw read applications which search the disk for data which is not listed in the File Allocation Table or Master File Table (the index of files and where they are located). and then figure out what they are.

Note that if they were over written by your installing windows and software , or downloading and saving data they are not going to be recoverable by you the user. The FBI could still reconstruct the original data if they wanted to prosecute you , but the average computer user can not.