New Antivirus

Clamwin

Some clips from their home page:

ClamWin Free Antivirus has been awarded Project of the month on SourceForge.net. To read the full article click on the image below or visit this link: http://sourceforge.net/potm/potm-2005-02.php

ClamWin is a Free Antivirus for Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/2003. It provides a graphical user interface to the Clam AntiVirus engine.

ClamWin Free Antivirus uses the GNU General Public License by the Free Software Foundation and is free (as in freedom) software. To find out more about GNU General Public License and what it entitles you to, please visit the following link: Philosophy of the GNU Project - Free Software Foundation.

ClamWin Free Antivirus comes with an easy installer and open source code at no cost. It features:

* Scanning Scheduler;

* Automatic Virus Database Updates. ClamAV team updates Virus Databases on a regular basis and almost immediately after a new virus/variant is out;

* Standalone Virus Scanner;

* Context Menu Integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;

* Addin to Microsoft Outlook.

The latest version of Clamwin Free Antivirus is 0.83 (click on this link for more information.

???

M

Clamwin

Some clips from their home page:

ClamWin Free Antivirus has been awarded Project of the month on SourceForge.net. To read the full article click on the image below or visit this link: http://sourceforge.net/potm/potm-2005-02.php

ClamWin is a Free Antivirus for Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/2003. It provides a graphical user interface to the Clam AntiVirus engine.

ClamWin Free Antivirus uses the GNU General Public License by the Free Software Foundation and is free (as in freedom) software. To find out more about GNU General Public License and what it entitles you to, please visit the following link: Philosophy of the GNU Project - Free Software Foundation.

ClamWin Free Antivirus comes with an easy installer and open source code at no cost. It features:

* Scanning Scheduler;

* Automatic Virus Database Updates. ClamAV team updates Virus Databases on a regular basis and almost immediately after a new virus/variant is out;

* Standalone Virus Scanner;

* Context Menu Integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;

* Addin to Microsoft Outlook.

The latest version of Clamwin Free Antivirus is 0.83 (click on this link for more information.

???

M

Thanks, mikex.

That will be a good alternative to Norton AV as Norton supports their products for a year or so before forcing you to upgrade.

I'll keep that in mind for my XP box.