Firefox And Mozilla Users

hi team look what ive found.

when ever i go to boards i get this stuff thrown in my face so ive decided to fight back

im not anti mozilla or fire firefox.

im anti getting it thrown at me when i

get on the 2-3 boards i belong to.

look here

Hmm. #1 is a valid complaint. #2 is more complex than it sounds (note the almost complete absence of binary patching on Freenix platforms) but I believe it's being addressed. #3 is trivial. #4 is gratuitous branding. #5 is valid but difficult to address as long as FF, TB, and Moz are seperate applications and Gecko is not seperately packaged (ponder how Windows users would handle that). #6 is trivial. #7 is almost trivial, if you want to brand FF just grab a source package and go to it. #8 is interesting. #9 is valid. #10 is sort of silly considering anyone can fork FF and take it in a different direction (which is how FF was created from Moz). #11 would be controversial (no one wants Yet Another IM) and after the tremendous success of ChatZilla (Mozilla's IRC client) probably wouldn't happen.

Not bad as these rants go. Certainly better than the security one from a few days ago.

But I'm still waiting for one of these articles to hit on some of the real issues with Firefox instead of harping on minor blemishes. The tendency of Gecko-based browsers to explode into multi-hundred MiB oceans of apparently dead memory is rather serious but not often mentioned.

hi jcl.

for personal preference i like linux sys's

but because i cannot figure some of the applications out .

i prefer not to go there.if i did and made mistakes i would blame the sys and not the user.

so i stick with wondows .

ok it isnt the 100 percent sys.

but it is user freindly and mugs like me and millions of other prefer it that way.

if linux was in the same catigory.

i would give this xppro disk away.

i have used mandrake 9.1 for about a year.

but mandrake has come a long way since.

and im not game to venture any further with it.

i had trouble with. mozilla some time ago i went to import my favourites

and it corrupted my favourites folder so i havent been there since.

im not blaming the sys .

there were no info on how to do this.

so im stuck with win. comming ready or not.

there isnt much i dont know about win xppro.

on the compt i use.

so im reluctant to change does that make sense.

marty

I agree with you Marty, about the arrogance of those who push their stuff as the cure to end all cures for every problem however unrelated to the original thread's subject. As if switching to their stuff would actually fix the original problem of whatever the thread is about.

I see Dumb Terminal going after them on that issue, over at G4, once in awhile. That's good, but I wish the mods would step in when people start pushing Firefox, or Linux, or Avg, or Avast, etc. on a thread about IE or Windows or Norton problems etc. It is off topic, does no good, and often sidetracks the thread so that the original poster doesn't get helped.

I am so fed up with the arrogant elite jerks hijacking threads that I could scream at them to stop it. As if that would do any good, but maybe that is what we all need to do, step in and tell them to butt out. The trouble with that is we would be the ones who get in trouble for it, instead of the fad pushers.

What gives someone the right to make fun of what I use on my computer, or to tell me I "must" use whatever their fad thing is? I am not saying anything against those who give good recommendations as to good programs, but please do not push anything down my throat. I wonder how many people are following that peer pressure and end up having problems or not liking whatever they got talked into, but can't admit it or go back to what they like because of the pressure? And that pressure is never ending it seems.

Thanks Marty for speaking out on this subject.

God bless everyone.

When all is said and done... If you are comfortable with what you have you will use it. If you want to learn something different you will find something to learn. If any A/V is not used correctly it is worthless.

just a bit of my rant.

M