What is running in the background??

What is the % of CPU usage??

What O/S??

Kodak Software Updater Agent is running in the background.

CPU Usage fluctuates between zero and around 100%.

Mahalo

pueo38

Ok.

If they can disable it or turn it off from the task bar(one at the bottom)by right clicking on the icon for it,select exit or turn it off.

If not there then.

Start, control panel,Admin/tools,component services,sevices (local)

Find the service and stop it.

For unknown reasons the mouse pointer started working. Nothing was done except rebooting 2 or 3 times since the problem arose. I'm keeping an eye on it tho and also will remove that Kodak thingy.

Thanks tenmm.

BTW, what is the Warn: (0%) below my avatar in all my posts? Did I do something wrong? How much trouble am I in?

For unknown reasons the mouse pointer started working.  Nothing was done except rebooting 2 or 3 times since the problem arose.  I'm keeping an eye on it tho and also will remove that Kodak thingy.

Thanks tenmm.

BTW, what is the Warn: (0%) below my avatar in all my posts?  Did I do something wrong?  How much trouble am I in?

..... . ...

For something that intermitent (sp), I would check out the connector at the CPU....

Is it a USB? Also check for an updated driver.

As far as the *warn* goes... we all have one, visable only to oneself. Kind of a hall monitor so-to-speak.

For unknown reasons the mouse pointer started working.  Nothing was done except rebooting 2 or 3 times since the problem arose.  I'm keeping an eye on it tho and also will remove that Kodak thingy.

Thanks tenmm.

BTW, what is the Warn: (0%) below my avatar in all my posts?  Did I do something wrong?  How much trouble am I in?

..... . ...

For something that intermitent (sp), I would check out the connector at the CPU....

Is it a USB? Also check for an updated driver.

As far as the *warn* goes... we all have one, visable only to oneself. Kind of a hall monitor so-to-speak.

Thanks maxdog4.

For unknown reasons the mouse pointer started working. Nothing was done except rebooting 2 or 3 times since the problem arose. I'm keeping an eye on it tho and also will remove that Kodak thingy.

Thanks tenmm.

Well, the darn thing is acting up again working intermittantly. All connections rechecked. How does one go about checking/updating drivers?

Well, if you go to the manufacturer's website (if that info is known), then the best place to check for driver updates is there. Usually there's a support section of some sort, and in that support section is a place for drivers for their products.

I know that Nerelda has a link for a driver database she likes too, but I can't recall what it is. Sorry Nerelda...hehehe... Maybe she'll post it if she sees this. But, the manufacturer's website should have it.