Somehow a bacteria entered my blood system and the course of antibiotics prescribed failed to work. Now my transplant team wants my butt in the hospital for tests and an alternate course of treatment. Hopefully it won't be for long, but the last time lasted for 2 months. I will attempt to hijack one of the hospital's computers.

Well old buddy, you will be sorely missed while you are temporarily absent. I wish you the best on your new treatments, and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Tip: During the many times that I have been in the hospital during thew past year for blood transfusions and chemo treatments, I have found that every floor has a visitor's lounge containing at least one computer-(the ones on the first floor are always the best operating computers). The "trees" that your IV's are hooked up to have a battery that lasts for an hour, and a beep tells you when the battery is low.(there is usually an extra plug by the computer, so you don't need to operate the IV on battery anyway most of the time). Just check with the head floor nurse to see when your next procedure(blood drawing, pill taking, vital signs checking, etc.), so that you will know how much time you have, and make sure she knows where you are going(visitor's lounge - on which floor -, cafeteria, etc.), just in case.

Also, take all your sign in info and other important info on a usb flash drive, and be sure you clear it all when ending the session.

Beat wishes again, my friend, and looking forward to seeing you back here soon.

Ronald

Best of luck on the hospital stay . I was in one last year at this time for about a week due to doctor caused staph infection.

It's never fun. Keep us updated on your status please.

Also, I'd probably wear surgical gloves while using the public computers. I'm sure your room will be chock full of them. biggrin.gif

You don't want to add another infection to the list.

Joe

Whiskeyman:

I am sorry to hear that you have an infection and I hope that you and your team will get it under control soon - You indeed will be missed, and I hope that you will feel better soon ;)

Take Care, and keep us advised :)

Brian

Somehow a bacteria entered my blood system and the course of antibiotics prescribed failed to work. Now my transplant team wants my butt in the hospital for tests and an alternate course of treatment. Hopefully it won't be for long, but the last time lasted for 2 months. I will attempt to hijack one of the hospital's computers.

Hi Don, saddens me deeply to see your problems and has troubled me to tears, hard to admit being a male, but no one is near me to see me cry.

I'll never forget your trying to reach me at the Milwaukee VA via the telephone.

Now it's my turn to call you or you can use my phone card.

Been too long since we last talked.

My friend, you are in my thoughts 24/7 and all will be well for you and yours.

Marsh

Good luck and hope it resolves soon.

To many of these multi resistant strains circulating which do not respond to first line drugs and require an expert touch to combat.

Just be careful; make em all wash their hands twice and wear gloves ; don't let em give you something worse while you are there.

What a trip. I spent three days in the ER waiting for a room. The doctors performed a multitude of tests just to find out that I am healthy as a horse, except for my kidneys. The bacteria wasn't present. They figure the dialysis center didn't wait long enough after my course of antibiotics to redo the blood cultures. At least I finally had it confirmed that I did not have a heart attack as previously diagnosed by the two local hospitals here. In fact all the scans done show that my heart, lungs, new liver and arteries are in excellent condition.

What a trip. I spent three days in the ER waiting for a room. The doctors performed a multitude of tests just to find out that I am healthy as a horse, except for my kidneys. The bacteria wasn't present. They figure the dialysis center didn't wait long enough after my course of antibiotics to redo the blood cultures. At least I finally had it confirmed that I did not have a heart attack as previously diagnosed by the two local hospitals here. In fact all the scans done show that my heart, lungs, new liver and arteries are in excellent condition.

Great to hear TT!!!!! :)

I'm glad you're doing well I guess those health benefits are really paying off. Now get back to work. ;)

B

as i havent bin in for some time

i miss some of the postings

in regards to members health

take care TT

and i hope you recover quickly

it dosent ring a bell when it is some one anon but

when its some one you know

makes a difference

get well TT

we are here for you

marty

Don't you just love it when they tell you you are really sick, at deaths door and in need of massive intervention; then they tell you to wait and wait and wait; only to say it all must have been a mistake?

Reminds me of when the Dr told my OL she had tested positive for colon cancer. They scheduled a colonoscopy to decide what to do . Six weeks later the results were back and they said no , no cancer we are baffled. Only then did I go through all her medications and discover that one of them had side effects which matched all her symptoms. She told the doctor and he said no way, it does not do that. So we printed it out and showed him and told him she was stopping taking that medication. Guess what, everything cleared up.

The internet sure comes in handy some times; just wish the doctor would use it too.