Friday April 08, 2005 9:14 AM (NEW!) Message OptionsPrivate Message User

how can I get people on to my forum and get traffic flowing

Computer World

Report this to a Moderator Reply Quote Top Bottom Edit

Pete_C

Polymath

Friday April 08, 2005 9:30 AM (NEW!) Message OptionsPrivate Message User

Have a real world connection .

Have a website as well as a forum and a site that has draw at that.

After TechTV was sold, we saw hundreds of people start forums hoping that they would be the replacement, of those the only one I would rate as a success is Beluga's Besttechie.net , he had a reputation for honesty and knowledge as well as a successful website with plenty of traffic before he even broached the idea of starting a forum. It is a small closeknit community of friends helping friends.

http://www.besttechie.net/

What makes this board so successful is the community we have and the draw that G4TV has to bring in new members and publicize its existance.

We have a great group of experts who love to share their knowledge, and the traffic to keep them interested.

Spamming is not the answer, it will turn away those who have something to offer and not attract the kind of people who will stay and contribute.

Make sure to read our rules on spam and do not post this on other boards on this forum or you may be interpreted as a spammer.

http://forums.g4tv.com/faq.cfm

READ BEFORE POSTING ! G4 & AotS Board Rules + FAQs: Links, Tips & advice on using the board

Thanks for sharing that post Marty,

Gee I am glad that Pete still remembers our existence over here.

Didn't he join in the beginning days? But I haven't seen him since.

I hope he comes by and joins us once in awhile, at least come over for a cup of coffee at the new cafe' to destress after his hard work over at G4.

Wow, with that nice endorsement of Pete's, we should get some more new members soon.

God bless everyone.

PeteC is a very nice guy and didn't deserve the BS they put him through over there. I always took his advice. If he tells you something in advice/repair or dealing with HJT logs take heed. I don't know how or where he got his pc training, but I trust him implicitly. I even made a post "Pete for President"....lol

Hi Marty,

Thanks for finding this! I did a little looking around and the post is in Tech Support "last known location" page 3, in case anyone wanted to read the thread (or give an endorsement? ;) ). G4 site seems to be running very slow, though. Liz

tho pete is a moderator at g4 he dosent get time to visit us

but he still acknoldges us .

he and chappy taught me all i know and im grate ful for that.

he didnt have any formal training.

si it is a marvel how he remembers all these tips .

good to see our board members recognise his .

help at all levels.

marty

Pete is a great help to all and he has to be a great guy for stay ther as a mod after all the crap that was thrown at him. I would have probably told them to go to hell

Thanks for sharing, Marty. I don't know how Pete puts up with what he does, but he does. To me, being a mod @ G4 is like being a babysitter for kids that just wont do as there told no matter. But I guess Pete likes it there or he would not stay there.

However, I think Pete always makes a difference no matter ware he is. He is good people. Pete is also fare & balanced and seems to take no sides. I have known of Pete Covel for well over 3 years. He has taught me lots of things over the years. As mentioned in this thread, when Pete speaks of advice on tech help, one can bet the farm on his advice. He has never given me any bad advice. Being a mod isn't much fun, although I wouldn't mind being one on a board that I hang out on, but not G4 because to me that place is insane. I have been stopping by there a little more since I found out about Marsh being ill in hopes that I will catch him post and let us know he is doing better.

I see things are picking up on this site some as well. Thats great. I too like this site. Sorry I don't spend as much time here as the other place I do. It's nothing personal. I think everyone here are great people. I see names here I don't know, but that is ok.

For anyone that is reading this and don't rechonize me. Not to worry. I have known Jeff for well over three years to. I am almost as old as ZDTV. lol.

Anyhow, thanks again for the read, Marty.

Shadow. ;)