(Resolve) Hello everyone! I have a HP Pavilion DV9608ca 1.8GHz AMD Athlon64 x2 Nvidia graphic card, 4GB Ram. My laptop came with Win Vista 32bit. Yesterday I installed Win7 Home Premium 64bit and found all drivers from hps web site, but what baffles me is these missing driver that are listed in device manager. Can anyone tell me what base system device is? Recap Found drivers for base system device, but now for this unknown driver? Ok Never mind guys as the unknown device was the quick launch buttons driver which there not compatible with win 7 yet.

Capture.png

Thank You

Bryan

Edited by sceeter32

base system drivers sometime refer to media card readers. You could disconnect them from the motherboard to verify. did you try and use Windows update to get the drivers?

Hello shanenin. Your write they were the card reader. Got the drivers from HP's website. Just have to wait until HP develops a driver for the launch buttons for the unknown device in the list, do to uncompilable HP drivers.

Thanks for replying

Bryan

glad I had something to share :-)

as to the quick launch buttons, did you try the vista 64 drivers?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-64317-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3550122&os=2100〈=en

Cool I'll try this driver. I think I downloaded the 32bit launch buttons. Thanks

I am pretty certain the same driver package is used for both 32 and 64 bit vista(also xp 32 and 64 bit).

Thanks shanenin Those drivers work great. The last drivers I downloaded gave me a incompatible warning.

Thanks again

Bryan