Hi all.

After three years of salivating, I think I'm finally getting my new iPod.

I stopped buy the Apple store tonight and I'm impressed with what I saw.

And, glad that I waited.

I see that the 30 gig units now come with a color screen and the ability to save pics and view them.

Anyone have any issues with this?

Joe

Hi joe,

Well, I love my iPod I have generation right before the one you are going to get and I love it. Mine is 15GB and it hasn't failed me yet. I can't say anything bad about my iPod experiance. Go and get it is all I can say. B)

B

Well, i have heard that apple products' battery life aren't so good once you use them enough. Many of my friends, stuff on the internet, etc., say that the battery dies quickly--faster than other brands. However, other than that (which isn't everyone's experience) i heard ipods are awesome. Though, Creatives have pretty good reviews, if you are looking for an alternative. Whatever you get, have fun with it....:D:D:D

as a loyal Apple consumer myself what i have to say should probably go like this......

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::

BUY IT! BUY IT NOW. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!

(grabs irregularjoe by the shirt)

IT'S APPLE IT'S COOL! YOU WANT TO BE COOL DON'T YOU?!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::

that being said. honestly if you use the crud out of them, and i mean a lot the battery does eventually loose it's total life. but not much more than any other battery. this is the best one yet. if i had to personally choose between any two players on the market it would be iPod and Creative. just pick the one that your most comfortable with and enjoy. :)

It took me a while to take the plunge, but when i did, i was glad i did. Its the best player for me out there. And boy has it taken some abuse ;) ...cant say im proud of that but it happens, down the stairs twice and numerous drops onto hardwood and even concrete and still working like a champ :D

Also heres the biggest bestest killer app for an iPod, a set of stage headphones (yeah the company has had an increase of sales of 500% since ipods starting being made)

http://www.shure.com/earphones/eseries_e5c.asp

anyhow they are $499(rivals the cost of an ipod), but more relistically here are the more consumer friendly ones

http://www.shure.com/earphones/eseries_e2c.asp

which are $99,

now your probably saying, WTF, is this pierce guy like made from gold, or something?

well no, i dont even own an ipod, nor can i afford one :(, but i did see these on an IT news site, what makes these so special is that they totaly block out the surroundings so that you only hear the music. If your a person who encodes music as WMA at 64kbps these aint for you, but if you encode your music as mp3 or any other apple ipod compatable sound @ 168kbps or greater then these are definatly a looker.

Pierce

I'd say go for it, buy the iPod. I've got one and I use it at least an hour a day at school. I've been doing this for a few months I'm guessing. I've also had my iPod since the beginning of last summer and have used it a lot. I haven't experienced any sort of battery troubles. I do have one thing to say though, make sure you have enough money to buy a set of good headphones.

I do have one thing to say though, make sure you have enough money to buy a set of good headphones.

Oh yeah, about that. Buy gray headphones, because lately, pickpockets have been targetting the white headphones. Gray headphones make you look like you are using a walkman, those old, cheap things. So, basically, be safe and get newer headphones in different color :)

I do have one thing to say though, make sure you have enough money to buy a set of good headphones.

Oh yeah, about that. Buy gray headphones, because lately, pickpockets have been targetting the white headphones. Gray headphones make you look like you are using a walkman, those old, cheap things. So, basically, be safe and get newer headphones in different color :)

Ya i bought a pair of cheap looking sony earbuds and no one gives them a second look. Meanwhile someone walking around with white ones gets stared at...

Ya i bought a pair of cheap looking sony earbuds and no one gives them a second look. Meanwhile someone walking around with white ones gets stared at...

LOL

OK.

I'll use the crapola headphones that I use with my Sony Tape Walkman.

And then I'll rip them apart when they start to crackle and I have to baby them.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm ready to buy the 30 gig iPod Photo.

Does anyone here have experience with 2Buy Store?

According to CNET they have the best price.

I do live near an Apple store and can get it for $319, but I'd have to pay about $25 sales tax. (same thing with Apples online store)

well, i am not so sure about that site...i mean, i may be credible, but it certainly doesn't look it...i may be completely off, but, i'm just looking out for u :)

hmmmmmm.......

think so?

I'll check it out more.

Thanks,

Joe

Well, I finally took the plunge.

My first iPod bought through my first Ebay purchase.

IT was fun!

Now I really hope that is is delivered and works as promised.

60 Gig iPod Photo with docking station, AV and Firewire cables, and case.

$410.

Supposed to be new, not refurbished, and in the box sealed.

I was going to get the 30 gig, but I figured that I wanted one for four years now, so I might as well go all the way.

I'll have to drink cheap wine for a year.

Wish me luck.

Joe