could anybody reccomend a good program for burning CD's?

I would prefer a free program, if possible. Running XP Pro w/Athalon 2500+ 512 RAM

I have Nero 5 right now and I'm not really happy with it. I need a program that will write out the .ISO files to CD for Linux.

Any suggestions??

DeepBurner

DeepBurner is an advanced and extremely powerful CD and DVD burning package. It removes the hassle of making CDs, DVDs, and autoruns. It even makes it easy for you to create and print your own labels and booklets. DeepBurner supports a very wide range of internal and external (USB 2.0 and FireWire) CD and DVD writers. Burn any data, copy any disc, make backups, create astonishing photo CD albums, make ISO CDs and Video DVDs with this very easy to handle software!
NeroLINUX is a comprehensive, yet flexible application provided you have some prior knowledge of CD/DVD technologies. Here's some additional information assist you:

* NeroLINUX uses NeroAPI for low-level operations (burn process)

* Autodetection and support for all types of internal CD and DVD recorders supported by NeroAPI 6.6

* Autodetection and support for all types of external CD and DVD recorders connected to the USB port and supported by NeroAPI 6.6

* Kernel optimizations

* Ultra Buffer support

* Supports hot plug for external USB devices, without any application restart

* Stores and reloads compilations in XML format

* Fully compatible with FreeDB, to automatically get disc information over the Internet

* Supports the new 2.6 IDE driver interface (non SCSI emulation)

* Audio encoding and decoding done on the fly, using external utilities (mpg123, ogg123)

* Supports 2.4 and 2.6 kernel flavors

* Provided as RPM or Debian package for easy installation

http://www.nero.com/us/NeroLINUX.html

• 2 weeks later...

I would prefer a free program, if possible. Running XP Pro w/Athalon 2500+ 512 RAM

I have Nero 5 right now and I'm not really happy with it. I need a program that will write out the .ISO files to CD for Linux.

Any suggestions??

Try MagicISO. I use it to burn iso image. It is a good ISO burner.

Any suggestions??

this looks compleate to me.. includeing pointing out some freeware for winder.....

http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm

Thanks for all the inputl, everybody.

I finally settled on Deep Burner. It seems to do everything I want it to, and it's FREE!!!!

Thanks again.

Jim