I just watched Jeff's video review of Google Voice.

I have two invitations and am planning on trying it out when I get my new cell phones. Still not sure which carrier I'll be switching to.

My question is caller ID. Will Google Voice show the original callers ID, or will it just show the ID of where I'm routing the call from i.e. my phone number? Also is it number only, or name/ number?

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe

Hey Joe, what will happen is in the setting for Google Voice it will allow to switch between these two options. The first option is that all calls will show up on your phone as your Google Voice number, so that you know its from Google Voice. Or the second option is it will show the original phone number that is is from.

Peace,

Adam

Hey Joe, what will happen is in the setting for Google Voice it will allow to switch between these two options. The first option is that all calls will show up on your phone as your Google Voice number, so that you know its from Google Voice. Or the second option is it will show the original phone number that is is from.

Peace,

Adam

Thanks.

That's what I was hoping for.

also when people call, if you have not accepted that number before a voice prompt will tell you who is calling (it ask them ) and you choose 1 to talk to them or 2 to send to voice mail

you can also do per number handling.. like I have people who call for work I do not care to talk to, so I route them strait to voice mail. then the voice mail shows up as text on my Google home page using the google voice app.. I can see it as they are talking and decide to pick up the call or call them right back..

the best part, is I give people one number.. and I change which phone it goes to.. when I am on the Bike.. Cell, change it to office phone when I am at the office as we have no cells in the office place. and when I get home change it to the home phone.. that way people can reach me with that one number and not try all three and guess where I am.

When I am on the bike I have a message stating I am riding the motorcycle and can not answer..

I am surprised this is free. I looked into this same service a year ago and it was going to cost $30 a month and did not plug into my phone, browser as clean as google voice