Upgrading Forum Software

Hey Everyone,

It's been quite some time since we last upgraded the forum software and now that IPB 3 has been out for a few months, I think now is a good time to do it. The upgrade will most likely take place this week. I do not have an ETA yet, but it will be sooner rather than later.

Also, the upgrade to IPB 3 will be accompanied by a special surprise for everyone which I hope all of you will enjoy. :)

B

Not reputation is it? I would say yuk to that.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but no, I don't think it is what you're asking? If that makes any sense. :P

B

In regards to the IPB 3 "special surprise".

Oh. No, it's not a new feature that IPB 3 introduces. :)

B

Hey Everyone,

It's been quite some time since we last upgraded the forum software and now that IPB 3 has been out for a few months, I think now is a good time to do it. The upgrade will most likely take place this week. I do not have an ETA yet, but it will be sooner rather than later.

Also, the upgrade to IPB 3 will be accompanied by a special surprise for everyone which I hope all of you will enjoy. :)

B

Well, the forum upgrade is complete! We're now on IPB 3. And the special surprise if you couldn't tell already is this brand new skin that seamlessly integrates with the rest of the site!

I've had this in the works for a while so I really hope you all like it. If you do not like that sidebar you can easily hide (I don't know of any way to do it by default) it by clicking the two arrows at the top right of the forums and it will make the forums wider.

Current Problems:

1. Old quotes seems to have broke. I'm currently not sure how to fix that and if it's fixable at all. If anyone can find any info on that and the fix feel free to share it with me. -- Fixed it!

2. The ads are currently not setup properly. If you are a contributor/staff member and are seeing ads I'm sorry - it should only be a temporary thing. I plan to have that fixed tomorrow sometime.

Also, due to the better ad placement layout in this forum skin, I'm hoping to have less ads for members which will hopefully make for an even better experience.

I'll make a thread in the comment section where you can leave feedback on the new skin.

B

It took a few days but I think I like it. The only thing I wish I could do is get everything on the the screen without sliding the page over. It was really wide until I saw the post from Jeff about the arrows. I know I can change the screen resolution, but it will also change the wife's resolution. She would not be happy at all. I wish xp had a per user setting. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,

Pat