Favorite Music

robroy,Apr 11 2005, 11:15 PM]

Heather  Dale--- The Hawthorn Tree.  I can listen to this for hours

QUOTE hitest

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd is my all time favorite album.......that is pure zen.

Hey robroy i googled her ...Ooh Celtic...i'm trying to sample it ;)

Ok hitest out comes my BIC...Pink Floyd... Just... Wow !

Thanks for the replies...

:D

Dark Side of the Moon is also excellent. Actually I love all of Pink Floyd.

Thanks for the reply:-)

Edited by hitest
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.....there are some excellent lists of songs here.

Looks like my old record collection I use to have.....lol.

Remember Rock&Roll Hootchiecoo(Rick Derringer....think I spelled that right?) I could listen to that one many times. And a real favorite is Yes-Fragil*RoundAbout...loved that one... :D

Aaaahh...memories....*sigh*....... :rolleyes:

Wow.....there are some excellent lists of songs here.

Looks like my old record collection I use to have.....lol.

Remember Rock&Roll Hootchiecoo(Rick Derringer....think I spelled that right?) I could listen to that one many times. And a real favorite is Yes-Fragil*RoundAbout...loved that one... :D

Aaaahh...memories....*sigh*....... :rolleyes:

I love, Yes! I haven't listened to them in years. I love the artwork that they had on their album covers.

Emerson Lake and Palmer

Steppenwolf

Hey hitest...

Thanks for starting such a fun thread.

i've been enjoying it so much i've gone post piggy (i'm sorry)...This gang just knows music...Good music...i'll be busy for a week looking into some of the songs everybody's shared.

ok i promise i won't post so much...ok i'm trying to not post so much....i'm starting right now... ok ...i'm starting right after i ask rv one lil question...

Hey rv... when i saw your post and avatar i meant to ask .Did you get a chance to see Hendrix onstage?

After seeing what a lot of people put into their music info, and comparing it to mine, I think that I didn't gave my music favs. justice. Here's a more detailed list of who I listen to:

16 hour drive (underground)

AC/DC

Aerosmith

The All-American Rejects

American Hi-Fi

Apollo 13 (underground)

The Ataris

Barenaked Ladies

Billy Joel

Black Eyed Peas

Blink-182

Bowling for Soup

Chronic Future

Eve 6

Goldfinger

Green Day

Hazen Street

The Hives

JET

Journey

The Killers

Led Zeppelin

Linkin Park

Mackenzie 1st (underground)

Maroon 5

The Matches

My Chemical Romance

New Found Glory

Patent Pending (underground)

Paul McCartney

Pink Floyd

R.E.M.

Riddlin' Kids

Rufio

Sum 41

U2

Weezer

The Who

Yellow Card

These are just my favorites, but I just thought I needed to elaborate on what I like.

Matt

Hey rv... when i saw your post and avatar i meant to ask .Did you get a chance to see Hendrix onstage?

Hi echobay....

No I didn't get to see Hendrix.....lol

I wish I could have as I'm sure the experience would have been awesome.... :D

I admire many guitarist's but have always held Jimi at the top of them all....just my opinion... :rolleyes:

He's a Legend and a Icon to me...... B)

hitest Posted Posted on Apr 15 2005, 12:56 AM

Hi echobay

You're very welcome!  I love music, from Rock to Blues, and Jazz.  My tastes run the gamut of ZZ Top to BB King.

robroy Posted: Apr 15 2005, 05:19 AM

I saw his last live concert (Isle of Wight 1970)

rv56 Posted on Apr 15 2005, 05:54 PM

Hi echobay....

No I didn't get to see Hendrix.....lol

I wish I could have as I'm sure the experience would have been awesome....

I admire many guitarist's but have always held Jimi at the top of them all....just my opinion...

He's a Legend and a Icon to me......

Hey hitest...There is just SO MUCH music to hear...i get into it theses moods and at times i'm clicking back and forth between stations...and i'll forget i'm recording..Then i go to play the tape and it looks or sounds like some demented tribute to... well you get my drift? Favorite BB King and Favorite ZZ Top song?

Hey rv56...i've never seen him in person either... He right up there at the top of my list too.i just love a good guitar.i really love Eddy Van Halens style too...Lately i'm digging Jack Black (White Stripes)...Anybody catch your interest these days?

Hey Robroy...

Wow...Hendrix ...In his last performance? That just screams bittersweet. The man would leave this world and you would be one of the lucky people to witness the masterful talent he offered so near the end of his life.Was that concert recorded and released? How was his performance?

Hey hitest...There is just SO MUCH music to hear...i get into it theses moods and at times i'm clicking back and forth between stations...and i'll forget i'm recording..Then i go to play the tape and it looks or sounds like some demented tribute to... well you get my drift? Favorite BB King and Favorite ZZ Top song?

Hi echobay,

I know exactly what you mean :D

One all star that I have not heard listed is Clapton..................him and Santana just blow me away with their stellar guitar riffs.

Hey hitest...won't get an arguement out of me saying Clapton or Santana...Some Clapton "unplugged" would work for me...

Maybe a lil snaps for the female guitatists ...Bonnie Raitt and Sue Foley...

Hey, echobay, I really like Bonnie Raitt, she absolutely rocks.

I'm not familiar with Sue Foley. What style of guitar does she play? :D

I'm not familiar with Sue Foley.  What style of guitar does she play?  :D

Heres a little about her...i can't find a sample of her style...i don't to the online music thing ...i though she use to have her songs on the webpage...

http://www.suefoley.com/about.html

i maybe confusing her webpage and "Sugarlands"

I'm not familiar with Sue Foley.  What style of guitar does she play?  :D

Heres a little about her...i can't find a sample of her style...i don't to the online music thing ...i though she use to have her songs on the webpage...

http://www.suefoley.com/about.html

i maybe confusing her webpage and "Sugarlands"

Thank you for the link, echobay, much appreciated. :D

Hey Robroy...

Wow...Hendrix ...In his last performance? That just screams bittersweet. The man would leave this world and you would be one of the lucky people to witness the masterful talent he offered so near the end of his life.Was that concert recorded and released? How was his performance?

It was great and yes it was recorded. I have a copy that was given too me, listened to it about 2 weeks ago. He is still the greatest rock guitarist ever.

Hey Robroy...

It was great and yes it was recorded. I have a copy that was given too me, listened to it about 2 weeks ago. He is still the greatest rock guitarist ever.

Agreed, man!

Hendrix kicks butt!

I apologize if this band has been mentioned already, but Streetlight Manifesto. A friend recently told me of them. Jeff would like them :). Think Patent Pending.

Hey Robroy...

Agreed, man!

Hendrix kicks butt!

I'll agree on that one but I never really considered him a musical influence in my guitar playing..He was a bit before my time but I'd definitely consider him a great way to spend some retro time with music.

Fortunately, almost all my guitar heros are still among the living....I say almost, because Randy Rhoads (1956-1982) had an incredible impact on my musical listening as well as my picking up a guitar.

His playing on Ozzy Osbournes Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman was way ahead of its time and I could easily enjoy listening to any song off of either of those albums over 20 years later.

I was lucky enough to see the show on 4/30/1981 in Syracuse, NY, @ the Landmark Theater (Blizzard of Ozz tour) ....Since Randy died in a plane crash on 3/19/82, the concert I had tickets to (scheduled for 4/10/82 in Rochester, NY) never happened due to some jackass recklessly flying a plane that didn't even have a valid pilots license!!! :angry: