Favorite Music

Hi Echobay,

Hunted and found 2 of 'em, Moondog Serenade(1973) and A Song or Two(1972). Nestled between Moody Blues and......Jim Croce's Photographs and Memories!!! Poor records smell kinda musty...... :(

And KeithLDick,

Yes!! Both versions of the band!! (You young'uns, *cough*download*cough*Yes)

Me thinks we are dating ourselves here--well, at least everyone already knows I'M old :) ......Liz

Got Links to alot of those Bands Like YES on my Site Liz..

Enjoy... :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since the sharing of files, music, movies, and apps started a few years ago, i have been adding to my library and expanding my tastes in lots of music. It is easier to tell you what i stay away from, more than what i listen to, so here goes. In my 7000+ :o song library, I don't have any Gosple, Operah, or any song in another language other than English.

But my list is almost endless. You name a song, i'll give you back 10-20 songs with the same band, if not more...everything from Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Rock and Roll, Country, Showtunes, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock, Underground Punk, R&B, Rap, all in the ranges of 60-70-80-90's and today's new music. Although it seems a little trivial with all the songs i have, I am more a movie collector/watcher...my close friends call me the Movie Nerd...I just say it is better than watching commercials on TV B) ...enjoy

Heya Liz,

my son introduced my 72 year old mother to Punk Rock (...she wanted to know what's new in music...) and she absolutely LOVES NFG!!

Yea, NFG is awesome! I like them a lot too. Btw, you have a really really cool mom and for your son he has a really really cool grandma. :lol:

B

my son introduced my 72 year old mother to Punk Rock (...she wanted to know what's new in music...) and she absolutely LOVES NFG!!

wow I wish my grandma was like that!!! NFG is awesome, and I would have never expected anyone that.. uh.. elderly would like them! Cool grandma, like B said.

Matt

Hi B and Matt,

Thanks for the comments, I'll have to pass that on to Gramma, she'll get a kick out of it! Think she likes punk because she grew up in the Swing Era--she did the jitterbug with all the flips (and son loves swing music and swing dancing--must be in them genes) Punk and Swing are such "active" music. Don't think she'll fare well in a mosh pit, though :P Liz

See for yourself :). I suggest anyone who listens to a lot of music to check out the site and signup. The only downside I can see is that they have a lot of users who listen to a lot of music so naturally it takes a lot server side. Because of this, they're sometimes down and other times just slow.

I like it all.. I will listen to most things.. to name a few..

Bruce Springsteen.. my all time favorite

Pink Floyd

The Who

Coldplay

The GooGoo Dolls

Kiss

Incubus

Sound Garden

Audio Slave

Matchbox 20

Queen... still missing Freddie too

Alice in Chains... missing Lane still too

Dashboard Confessional

TransSiberain Orchestra... saw them at Christmas time.. it was.. sublime.

Green Day

The Dave Matthews Band

Live

The Beatles

Smashing Pumkins

U2U2U2 lol

.. add to that TheTerrorist_75's list also lol

Waves to echobay. No I have not typed to you before but those I have typed with know I am friendly.. I hope. It's nice to be here @ Besttechie. LOL as for my list... I thought of at 30 more things to add to it after I posted it. hehe

Love my 50's, 60's & 70's but i also work a radiostation with all oldies all the time ;)

Aside from work, no exact order. Here goes.

Aerosmith.

AC/DC.

Rush Anyone remember, 2112, Workingman, Tom Sawyer ? etc.

Ozzy Osbourne. Over a mountain!! I Can feel that song. Love all his tunes.

Billy Squier. Gotta love these songs, Nobody knows & Lonely is the night.

Asia. Man that group brings back so many fond memories of the past for me. All good ones too. I was probably 19 years old then. First time I ever heard them was when i went out camping memorial day weekend. take my word for it, it was one wild an crazy long weekend. tell ya what! me and 2 other people finished off a half keg of bud that weekend.

Bon Jovi

Billy Idol

B.B. King

Banannarama, That brings back memories of my high school days.I can here the song now *Cruel summer*

Bad company

Amy Grant

The Allman brothers

Ace of base

Bob marley

Billy Joel.

Bryan Adams, I was inlove with ah married woman back then. I remember her takeing me to see them in concert at Glensfalls civic center. Memory lane here folks.

The Cars

Candle Box

Celine Dion

Cher

Chicago

Cinderella

The Commitments Vol. 1 & 2 But off Vol. 2 Can you here the song, Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa ( sing it....Your turn ) Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa, My turn, and the song goes on..........Lol.

CCR.

Dave matthews Band. Crash.

david Bowie, Lets dance.

Dokken

Duran duran

The Eagles, Hotel california. Sweet tune.

Elton john. This one will spark your memory....Empty Garden ( Hey, hey Johnny )

Envogue

Eric Clapton. This is a sad memory. My first month on the radio. I had a young kid call me at the station, and requested. Tears in heaven, as a classmate was just killed in some type of accident.

The fabulouis thunderbirds

Peter Frampton

Genessis

Heart

Hootie & the Blowfish, Cracked rear view, I love em. ;)

Huey Lewis

Incubus

Jethrol Tull

Joe cocker

Johnny lang, also great. (When i come to you)

Jimi Hendrix.

Jimmie Vaughan

Lenny Kravitz

Kix = Blow my fuse.

Led Zeppelin

Men @ work.

Night ranger, Never failed! everytime I hit ah bar, what song always seemed to be playing ? Sentimental Street. Then there was the other I use to cruse threw the village I lived in with the volume all the way up and the windows wide open, Sing me away.

Phil Collins

Pink Floyd

The Police, Wrapped around your finger & don't stand so close to me.

Prince

Queen

REO Speedwagon, Wow another great group! I Wish you were there, ole girlfriend wore that song out LMAO.

Stones

Sheryl Crow

38 Special. Chain Lightnin. Nice kick butt tune, so is Back door stranger.

Stained, Break the cycle

I haveMost! every, Stevie Ray Vaughan album. Love every song to. Rest in peace buddy.

Sting

Styx

Sugar ray

Supertramp

Tom Petty. Free falling!!

Tracy chapman

van Halen 1984. Jump!!!! You should of known me then, LMAO.

ELO.

Stone temple pilots

Red Hot Chili peppers

Toni Braxton. OMG. this goes back in my early start of radio broadcasting days. I had a girl that fell head over heels in love with me. Beautiful redhead too. Sorry, it just wasnt in our cards to be togather. Name of the song was. Another sad love song.

Uncle kracker. Only song I cared for was, Follow me.

Poison

White snake

ZZ Top. Another tune, Tom would roll down the windows to, and still do LMAO. is, I'm bad, I'm nationwide. among a few others. I'm still ah teenager at heart. 41 isn't that damn old. Lol.

Ted Nugent. Mmmm. makes me think too. Anyone ever remember the album, Scream dream. I have it on vinyl *not* CD. and it's still in great shape. Double live gonzo. Can't say enough good about that album.

Neil young = decade.

Joan Jet & the black hearts, I love rock *N* roll!!...put another dime in the jukebox and dance with me. LMAO.

Can't leave out, Eric Claptons, Unplugged & From the cradle now can I ? And then there is BB. King & Eric Clapton, Riding with the king.

Hows that folks ? I even went as far to share some of my most fond memories of the past with ya.

As, you can tell, I love my music. And that my friends is why, when you turn on the radio, I am that voice that you here, be it at home, the office, in your car or anyware, as I am everyware.

The guy that never posts, huh! I just made up for lost time. :rolleyes:

Guess I deserve to be the DJ in the other thread, huh!! ???? ;)

Hey robroy...

Thought i saw you post "Year of the Cat" somewhere...Excellent song...One of those songs you could listen to over and over again!Well (i could)...So i wanted to ask you and anybody else that cares to share...Is there one song that you will NEVER get sick of listening to?

I kind of like this one by Lenny....

Fly Away

------Lenny Kravitz

Written by: Lenny Kravitz

I wish that I could fly

Into the sky

So very high

Just like a dragonfly

I'd fly above the trees

Over the seas in all degrees

To anywhere I please

:D

I kind of like this one by Lenny....

Fly Away

------Lenny Kravitz

Written by: Lenny Kravitz

I wish that I could fly

Into the sky

So very high

Just like a dragonfly

________________________________________________________________________________

_

Quote Snaxe  Apr 10 2005, 01:20 AM

A song I'll never get sick of I don't think: The Mars Volta - Cassandra Gemini. At a tad over half an hour long, the second time you hear it it's like hearing a completely new song

Ooh yeah... Lenny nice pick. i got to see him in concert with Pink.He draws this really cool laid back crowd...Awesome concert :D

Snaxe i'm looking to listen to this one you mentioned . At half an hour it sounds extra choice...

Is there one song that you will NEVER get sick of listening to?

Today in the grocery store I heard "Raspberry Beret" by Prince. Yeah, I know, its a corny one, but you know what? It sounded just as cheerful as it did all those years ago when it was new. Still makes me smile. :) Liz

PS--and I would love to see Pink try jazz--she just seems to have "that voice" wouldn't she be good?

Shadow_Thomas,Apr 8 2005, 08:44 PM]Love my 50's, 60's & 70's but i also work a radiostation with all oldies all the time  ;)

Aside from work, no exact order. Here goes.

QUOTE blim Apr 11 2005, 05:32 PM

Today in the grocery store I heard "Raspberry Beret" by Prince. Yeah, I know, its a corny one, but you know what? It sounded just as cheerful as it did all those years ago when it was new. Still makes me smile. Liz

PS--and I would love to see Pink try jazz--she just seems to have "that voice" wouldn't she be good?

_______________________________________________________________________________Q

UOTE MistaMatt Apr 11 2005, 05:36 PM

Homecoming / The Death Of St. Jimmy / East 12th St. / Nobody Likes You / Rock And Roll Girlfriend / We're Coming Home Again  by Green Day

Good to see ya shadow...

Wow ...That's a list...a fine one...i listen to our area "oldies" ocassionally and had to turn it off..They played...well i'm not sayin what they played...ok i am... it was Queens Bohemian Rhapsody and they called it and oldie...i was like...What i was JUST at that concert yesterday...LOL...Ok i'm in a lil' denial i admit it!

Hey blim Razberry Beret...he he he...What a wimpy Prince song...i'm playin... :D

Ooh yeah. Pink singing jazz...It could happen...The girl does have pipes!

She sang "What's Goin' On" or "Hey Ya" ( i never remember the title ) by Non-Blondes and just owned the crowd after that ! Not to say Lenny didn't OWN...Cause ya know that he did he did! ;)

Oh man Mista ....LOL i'll have stick to American Idiot! i'll never remember the title of that song to ask for it :lol:

Hey robroy...

Thought i saw you post "Year of the Cat" somewhere...Excellent song...One of those songs you could listen to over and over again!Well (i could)...So i wanted to ask you and anybody else that cares to share...Is there one song that you will NEVER get sick of listening to?

Heather Dale--- The Hawthorn Tree. I can listen to this for hours

robroy,Apr 11 2005, 11:15 PM]

Heather  Dale--- The Hawthorn Tree.  I can listen to this for hours

QUOTE hitest

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd is my all time favorite album.......that is pure zen.

Hey robroy i googled her ...Ooh Celtic...i'm trying to sample it ;)

Ok hitest out comes my BIC...Pink Floyd... Just... Wow !

Thanks for the replies...