The Besttechie Cafe'

Anytime I make a first time purchase for techie stuff I always use Reseller Ratings. Not so much for the price check but for the vendor's reputation. It has proven very useful

Mark

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speakin of buyin tech and electronic stuff, Honda Boy has a new toy for his room.

TV.jpg

27 inches of Sanyo flat tube goodness. I love it. Kicks the crap outta my old 19" GE. only paid $150. It was originally $320 but that was like a year or 2 ago. I bought it from my manager. Fansubs on the lappy and DVD's are great on this thing. In a coupla weeks, there's gonna be an 800W Sony Digital 5.1 Surround Sound Home Theater system to go with it. Not only do I have the best TV and DVD player in the house but I will soon have the best sound system. Rock on.

I love electronics. :thumbsup:

speakin of buyin tech and electronic stuff, Honda Boy has a new toy for his room.

TV.jpg

27 inches of Sanyo flat tube goodness. I love it. Kicks the crap outta my old 19" GE. only paid $150. It was originally $320 but that was like a year or 2 ago. I bought it from my manager. Fansubs on the lappy and DVD's are great on this thing. In a coupla weeks, there's gonna be an 800W Sony Digital 5.1 Surround Sound Home Theater system to go with it. Not only do I have the best TV and DVD player in the house but I will soon have the best sound system. Rock on.

I love electronics. :thumbsup:

Nice rig, Honda_Boy! :matrix:

I swear on all my PC's that the pics are resized on this forum to keep them from being to big. What res are you at? 800x600? I have my desktop set 1280x1024 and my laptop at 1024x768 and this forum always resizes the pics on both. The pic is 1024x768 and reduced to 62% size on my desktop.

Do you use something other than IE of FF cause I've tested it on both IE6 and FF2 and they both resize the images on this forum. Hmmm, henna...... oh scuse me, slipping into Japanese. :P Henna means strange.

Still tryin to learn Japanese but I can't get past the first 2 lessons cause I keep forgetting what I learn. :lol:

Ohhh, well maybe that's why. Oh and on my lappy all the 1024x768 pics are reduced 50%. Well sorry about my pics being too big but I always set photobucket to load them at 1024x768 max size.

Thanks Liz, Barb, and Mark for all your help.

I don't ever order things online (was just hoping to find a rebate I could print out and use by mail but didn't find any), so we went down to Fry's yesterday to get F-Secure 2007 Internet Security Suite...no rebates (so watch them have it next week or soon now I've already purchased it!) so was $70. Only place in town (way way on the far side of the metro area!) I know that has it. So tomorrow is the big day to uninstall the old version and do the new. I hope it all works out ok but a few prayers wouldn't hurt, considering this cantankerous computer.

HB, your pictures are very large as page is loading for me on my slow dial up, but they do reduce down to ok size once page is loaded...and I use 800x600 or whatever it is and am on IE. Sometimes if you have tons of pictures it takes forever to load the page....so I just skip it (like some of your project thread pages).

Remember to always be kind to little old ladies especially if we are dialup users!!! Ha! :rolleyes:

Pat

God bless everyone

Hi folks,

Thanks Sultan for the links, will check them out tomorrow, to head-achy tonight to hardly even see straight. Hubby mowed the lawn this afternoon and I have a sinus (allergy to mown grass) and stress (from F-Secure install) headache!!! :blink:

Actually the uninstall went ok, although got a surprise while I was posting here yesterday when suddenly the F-Secure icon on system tray started doing a red blinking ! on top of it...mouse hover said expired. I thought I had until midnight since a popup that showed up when I turned on computer each time said April 4th (maybe that was Finland time/date?). That spooked me right off the internet after I opened FS and found Everything had Expired Including Protection!!! Sort of thought at least the current updates would still be effective just no new ones but then I don't think I've ever let a subscription run so close to out before and don't really know why I did this time except hubby was busy painting yesterday so since I wanted him to help me read any fine print that might show up I waited for him! So uninstalled old version last night, and installed the new one this afternoon which went pretty well except for a little difference between printed instructions and what came up on screen but we got throught it ok. And what a nice company to have the Eula large enough to read, along with a big registration number on instruction booklet that came with the cd, and the on screen boxes to type it into were ok sized too. Then it took almost 2 and half hours to get all the updates...I was on the fastest of the only two speeds (31.2 something or other instead of 28 something) that I ever get from my dialup service. So read two, plus started another one, magazines while babysitting the updates. Things seem to be ok for the most part so far!!! Sure hope it is continues to be ok that's for sure!!!

So am glad that's done.

Pat

God bless everyone

Thanks Sultan for the links. I have some of them already, but you have a lot I did not. Will check them out.

Pat, you are lucky if you get 31.2 or 28, I get 24.0 on a good day. Get 28 rarely,but happens. Never higher.

We are suppose to get "High Speed Internet" some time soon. Not sure what soon means. :unsure: The county has to approve building high speed internet towers, which I'm sure they will, then you got to build them. I can't wait.

Barb :D

Woweeee! Between Barb and Sultan's links, next time I need to buy something techy, I'm all set! Thanks, you two!

Barb, the best thing about high speed internet is that you don't tie up your telephone! That is wonderful! When the kids started driving, I drove them crazy because I would say,

"Get offline because your sister is out with the car and if she has car trouble or an accident (Heaven forbid) I want the phone line open"

And that caused so many arguements because the kid online thought I was just an overbearing mom, and I sprouted so many gray hairs, because I WAS an overbearing mom I guess :D ! Bah, little kids are so much easier when it comes to worries because they only drive bicycles!

Brrrr, cold, snow, wind....I think my Spring Posies are destroyed. Poor daffodils just bloomed and then we went back to Frigid. They're just hanging their poor yellow heads in shame. Tulip leaves are dark green and mushy looking, so I doubt they'll bloom this year. *sob!* Darned April Snowshowers!

Liz

If I ever get off dialup, I'll never go back The only problem is waiting for the the towers to be built.

The only thing slower than dialup is the county. They have been telling us high speed internet is coming for 3 yrs, but yesterday they actually had a meeting for approval, so looks good......Crossed fingers :rolleyes:

Won't know the answer to the meeting, until Wed. The newspaper only come out once a week. Haha, this will be front page news. Very small town here. :lol:

Barb :D

• 5 months later...