The Besttechie Cafe'

I wish this never ending rain would stop. My job site has turned into muddy mess. At least I have the wall for the raised patio and the stairs completed to a point where I can start laying the pavers. With this darn rain it is impossible to run the saw. The only ones enjoying the weather are the pain in the butt geese around the lake.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm off work for the holidays for the next little while. Time to kick back, enjoy life. It is raining like a son of a gun, but, I don't care. I am very tired and feel like I'm coming down with a cold. Life is good:-)

• 2 weeks later...

I could devour a stack of cakes with lots of maple syrup and chug a pot of coffee. The last guest didn't pass out until 4 this morning. I had to drive a few home last night and only have 4 guests still sound asleep out in the main part of the house. It is actually peaceful out here in my computer/entertainment area of the house. Even the dog is passed out from exhaustion.

• 4 weeks later...

*waves hello all the way from Nebraska*

my GFs grandmother died and we had to pack a few things and head out here for a few days. she's ok with it and so is most of he family since they knew it was coming and prepared a long time ago. but she still wanted me to come just incase she needed support. anyways i was just thinking of you guys and wanted to say hello :)

my GFs grandmother died and we had to pack a few things and head out here for a few days. she's ok with it and so is most of he family since they knew it was coming and prepared a long time ago. but she still wanted me to come just incase she needed support. anyways i was just thinking of you guys and wanted to say hello :)

*waves to Nebraska!* Let GF know I am so sorry to hear about her Grandmother. Sounds like she had a happy long life here and she's at peace now. Thank you for being her rock and give her a big squeeze from me.

Been pretty non eventful here during hibernation season, which is a GOOD thing, believe me! Very quiet with the kids at school all week and they've adjusted pretty well, with minimal kicking and screaming learning how to be on their own. (Son is living with 3 girls....need I say more??) But of course weekends, when they come home, back to insanity with a hearty dose of laundry!

Liz

****Waves to his friend in Nebraska*****

Hi mac!!! :D

I hope your girl friend is doing okay in her time of grief. I think you're wise to be there and lend support to her; it is good to hear that your girl friend's grandmother had a long life. Stay well, my friend!! :D

We got nailed with over a foot of that white stuff in less than three hours and it's still coming. I am tired of cleaning off the trucks and shoveling. I called in the reinforcements and will wait to be plowed out in the morning. I can't believe some of the fools on the roads. I had the parents of my neighbor stop at the side of the driveway in the road instead of pulling in causing one car to swerve into a snowbank avoiding them. Damn fools. Visibility was less than a couple of feet and they stop in the road. I drove over to my old bar for pool league, which got called off after I arrived, and played dodge the snowbanks that was pushed in the road by homeowners from their driveways. I am glad I bought the '88 GMC for winter driving. That beast can't be hurt.

I need a Big cup of coffee. It took me an hour to clear a path to the trucks and brush them off so I could move them. Now I'm waiting for my friend to show and plow. We were getting about five inches an hour of that nice white stuff. At least it warmed up to 6F.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

Whew! 5 inches and hour!??!!! Dang, I haven't seen that for years over here. We did get another 4-5 inches last night, and it's supposed to keep it up till 7pm tonite.

Hot toddy for me please... Whoopps, I'll stop by the pub.

Shoot down here we have never seen 5 inches collect. But it is fun to watch the news clips when the bridges ice over. Many folks going out for no good reason.

TT I noticed you posted exactly 24 hours apart....do you have an exact routine??? LOL

M

About 12 inches of snow on the ground, 11f with a wind chill of -3. Hot coco and turnovers sound real good. I'm sure glad we live just outside the "lake effect" snow belt. Those folks will be digging out for a day or two. Hmmm, is this the tunnel that leads to TT's door?

No tunnel yet, but after this weekend there may be one. The band shifted slightly north where it is dumping another two feet. Seeing as lake effect can change it's course suddenly there is no guarentee that it won't hit us. Naturally they do state we will be getting nailed again Friday through Monday morning. We have received about three foot plus in the last couple of days. I have to go clean the trucks off again and shovel what dropped last night.

It wouldn't be so bad if my dog's only fear was snow higher than he is. I have to clear a path and area for him to go do his thing which is located behind the house. He won't poop out front where I keep it shoveled and plowed by the road. I think he's embarassed for someone else to see him.

I need lots of coffee and sweet breakfast snacks to keep me fueled.

Holy COW! Winter has arrived. And the day after Groundhog day too.

LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS WILL INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY BY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE INTO THE EARLY EVENING. ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE EXPECTED. WEST WINDS WILL GUST TO 30 MPH AT TIMES RESULTING IN WIDESPREAD BLOW AND DRIFTING SNOW.

WIND CHILLS OF 10 TO 20 BELOW ZERO TODAY WILL LOWER TO 20 TO 30 BELOW TONIGHT. THIS MAY RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS...MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.

I'ma thinkin' I need two pair of waffle weaves today.

Winter is so wonderful.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY

903 AM EST SUN FEB 4 2007

NYZ006-042215-

/O.CON.KBUF.LE.W.0007.000000T0000Z-070205T1100Z/

/O.CON.KBUF.WC.Y.0002.000000T0000Z-070206T1500Z/

OSWEGO-

INCLUDING THE CITY OF...OSWEGO

903 AM EST SUN FEB 4 2007

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST

MONDAY...

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST

TUESDAY...

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST

MONDAY. A WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST

TUESDAY.

A BAND OF INTENSE LAKE SNOW WILL EDGE SOUTH INTO NORTHERN

SECTIONS OF THE COUNTY LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND REMAIN GENERALLY

STATIONARY THROUGH MUCH OF MONDAY. TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS COULD REACH

TWO TO THREE FEET WHERE THE BAND PERSISTS...MOST LIKELY NEAR

LACONA AND REDFIELD. LITTLE IS EXPECTED SOUTH OF FULTON.

STRONG WESTERLY WINDS WILL CREATE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND

DRIFTING...ESPECIALLY ON NORTH SOUTH ROADS...MAKING TRAVEL NEARLY

IMPOSSIBLE AT TIMES. IN ADDITION...THEY WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILL

VALUES OF 15 TO 20 BELOW TODAY THROUGH TUESDAY.

Thought of you getting our leftovers, Terrorist! And my sympathies as it will be bad for you tomorrow, too (slightly better today than yesterday as far as whiteouts) But cold! Road commission is advising it's too cold for the deicing stuff to work so obviously that means they're pulling trucks off the roads. Not good!

Y'all stay warm!!

Liz