The Besttechie Cafe'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, some Cookie Monsters here, I see. Here's more Gingerbread--try them with Blackberry Tea. And Spritz (with apricot and raspberry jelly in the middles) and Candy Cane cookies (with crushed candy canes melted on the top) and of course, Haystacks....and chocolate walnut fudge and peanut butter fudge and chocolate mint fudge and Sugar Cookies I got from Daughter's Boyfriend's Mom. Enjoy, please, I have too many leftovers!

Soooo, how was everyone's Christmas?

Liz

Too...........bloated...........to.............type...........must.............f

ind.............couch..........uggghhhh!!!!

Man..... do.... I..... hear...... ya.....Makai.... :wacko:

***oh.....couch ....is....so...far.......away.....aauugghhh :unsure:

Hi Mac, and everyone.

No thanks on the cookies. I am just fullup of all the holiday goodies, but do offer them again in another month or two or three. :rolleyes: Ha!!!

Have had heavy rains and windy at times too, and low barometric pressure with each storm going through (so low at times my ears hurt). Some flooding in Oregon, and mudslides too. Nothing like poor Northern California got from the split Jet Stream taking the brunt of the storms to them.

Take care folks. Stay safe, warm, and dry.

Have a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year.

Love ya all. :wub:

Sorry about the double post, don't know how I did that one. Sorry.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat

Mac, you are so nice to me!!! Thanks for fixing it!!! :thumbsup:

I should have just edited it out, but didn't think of that until the middle of the night when the rain hitting the window woke me up and I am not getting up out of bed to fix a double post...sorry about that. :rolleyes:

Well, not much going on here today....more rain...but thankfully not as windy as expected. :thumbsup:

Hubby went back to work today after a week off.

So it was nice and peaceful and Quiet here all day!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

NO football games (until he got home that is). :rolleyes:

But I missed having him around too, cuz I love him!!! :wub:

Take care folks, be safe.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Pat, as much as we love our families, hoo, boy, do I know what you mean about "peace and quiet". My Hubby went back to work, too; Daughter worked all day and Son was with Girlfriend all day. Talk about Peace and Quiet! Lovely!

It was too dark today to see well inside, but it was "somewhat" warm, so I did some much needed work outside--emptied the rainbarrels (we went from "one more good rain needed" to suddenly WINTER), mulched the berries with leftover pine greens and depooped Sandydog's yard. Gotta do that stuff when the snow is gone!

Here's to routine and normalicy! (OK, with me, its "somewhat normal")

Liz

Edited by blim

Hmmm, peace and quiet? Anyone have a job for Sweet Brit? After a year, it would be real nice to have some time to myself. Sending him off to run the dogs and do the shopping isn't quite enough.

And yes... I love 'em. :wub:

Ahhh, for good book, long hot bubble bath and scented candles glowing... It's a gal thing.

Well it's 6a.m. and off to work.....can I get a tall coffee to go and a bagel please.

It's been a very mild winter here so far and there's a real heavy fog setting in.

Gotta go....see ya all later.. :D

Oooph, grunt, ow, pull this thread up to the first page again...(ever thought about making the cafe and the bar a sticky? hint, hint)

What a week. 3pm Tuesday I realised that I hadn't taken time to eat since supper on Sunday!

Daughter is finally somewhat officially settled in at Grand Valley State University (another Laker, Wayne!). Registered for classes, bought the books, moved into the apartment, cleaned the Godawful mess left behind at my house, delivered and set up her new computer (well, her Boyfriend and Son set it up, my nagging and pestering got me evicted from her bedroom to vacuum duty in the living room. I would much rather vacuum than hook up an idiot box any day. But my nagging has her protected against cooties! I hope)

Anyways, she has a roomate that seems like a perfect fit. Kate is a Theatre Geek (she won the big Theatre Award at the Community College-no money but her name is forever on Overbrook Theatre's Plaque) and her roomate is a Film Major. Kirsten's face just lit right up when Kate told her she was a Theatre Geek! An actor and a film maker living together? Hoo boy! And many Film Majors are kinda eccentric (meant in a loving way!), so they should get along great.

Now that she has her junk moved out, time get into her bedroom with the vacuum cleaner. It's as clean as it's going to get....those dust bunnies are the size of reindeer. My friends say "have you cried?" Well, I worry, I'll always worry, but I haven't cried. It's a terrific opportunity for her and I'm thrilled for her to leave the nest, if only for this semester. She is going to learn so much about "life on her own". Is that totally wrong? Am I a bad Momma?

So, what's everyone else been up to?

Liz

you know what, your right blim, this is visited and refereed to enough that it should be pinned.

(cafe' is now pinned in placed)

(and the bar is now pinned)

now that's fixed.

forgive me, i'm just venting.

well i'm pretty depressed. aside from the fact that i've had a rough year and you guys know that i've had an even rougher couple of months but the last few days have been really hard. i'm getting to the point of what's the point anymore. i've learned alot about myself on the inside in the last year and all, but i'm jsut not happy. and all the things that i think might make me happy, i just can't have. i used to be a workaholic so that i could ignore my problems, when i got tired of loosing my jobs for crappy reasons i started coming here alot and tried to make people laugh, which helped but lately i've been getting so depressed that i don't feel up to it. so now i just keep locking myself away in the shop just puttering with unfinished inventions, especially the pointless ones. so i'm not doing well. no money, no job, no girlfriend, no career, no direction or goal in life anymore and i keep having problems with some of my friends. business wise i've been through more shit and gained and lost more money, than most ever even see in a lifetime already. i'm sick of it. i'm sick of all the politics in business. i just want to be happy and i don't even know what that is.

forgive me, i'm just venting a little.

quoting Liz...

"Daughter is finally somewhat officially settled in at Grand Valley State University (another Laker, Wayne!)"

GO LAKERS....!!!

Congratulations Liz... :thumbsup:

No, congratulations, Kate! I only did the grunt work. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pinning, Macmarauder. Glad you didn't use the big nails.

hugskiss.gif

Spent today with my "nut with a walker", left at 9am and didn't get home till 5pm. Boy she makes me pooped. Still waiting for a day to catch up. Tomorrow? Nope, Bank and Bills day. Friday? Hmmm, maybe...

Liz

For Mac...and this is going to sound overly simplistic....but those of us who fight depression know that it's the little choices we make each day...sometimes each hour/or even minute..that keep us in the darkness..

..SO...get up and go take a walk...short one...long one...in the rain..or in the snow...in the morning or late at night whatever..but physically getting up and moving will help re-set the chemical imbalance of the "blues" and the mental energy required will help you re-focus....

if you're out of shape and overweight like me...push yourself at bit past your comfort point...and don't be afraid of getting a little winded...you will feel better after even mild exertion..

if you're in shape...jog a bit...

if you're honest about it..you know the depression has given you a certain comfortable routine...and has progressed over a period of time...breaking that routine helps break the bonds of the beast...walking helps reset a new.. better routine...remember depression is anti-life...walk to live...

you have the means to solve all the issues you are faced with in your life...

Well we got the cafe pinned so we can find it... :D A great suggestion Liz!!!!

And thanks Mac for pinning it ... :thumbsup:

Well off to work I go so I'll get a large coffee and bagle to go please. Have a good day people and be careful out there.

124.gif