The Besttechie Cafe'

Maybe get something similar to these.

[L=http://shop1.hooverfence.net/portable-shelters/]Portable Shelters and Canopies[/L]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have one already sitting over the driveway...and thought about getting another over the section of yard next to the drive way and expanding the drive way depending on the inspection of the garage next week...Thanks for the link...i may use this for the next purchase...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I wrote a perfectly good boring post and it dissapeared!! Floating around collecting dust bunnies with the other post I lost, I suppose.

Last night I was doing just dandy, walked in the front door, noticed some activity in back, discovered Whiskeyman's Pub, then discovered the second page of :pirate: smilies :pirate: (it's Mikex and TG's fault, they instigated it, arrgghhh :pirate:!!!) and fell in the pool. Someone tripped me, I'm sure!!! When did all this remodeling happen??? I thought the cafe was just getting bigger. It's going to have to be called a resort pretty soon.

Son is watching Dodgeball (the sport, not the movie, it's actually on television!) and one of the sportscasters was talking about a player, saying,

"he's one of the smartest players in the league, he actually went to high school".

What amazes me is that Dodgeball is actually on television!! I loved that game in school. I was little, fast and wiry and had a "wee bit o' a mouth" on me :) Had no arm, though.

OK, I wrote a perfectly good boring post and it dissapeared!!  Floating around collecting dust bunnies with the other post I lost, I suppose.

Last night I was doing just dandy, walked in the front door, noticed some activity in back, discovered Whiskeyman's Pub, then discovered the second page of :pirate: smilies :pirate: (it's Mikex and TG's fault, they instigated it, arrgghhh :pirate:!!!)  and fell in the pool.  Someone tripped me, I'm sure!!!  When did all this remodeling happen???  I thought the cafe was just getting bigger.  It's going to have to be called a resort pretty soon.

Son is watching Dodgeball (the sport, not the movie, it's actually on television!) and one of the sportscasters was talking about a player, saying,

"he's one of the smartest players in the league, he actually went to high school".

What amazes me is that Dodgeball is actually on television!!  I loved that game in school.  I was little, fast and wiry and had a "wee bit o' a mouth" on me  :)  Had no arm, though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think towards my last years in high school they were talking about banning dodge ball .... :wacko: throwing a ball at your best buds was the best! heh, and not so best buds too ... :matrix: Dodgeball, Kickball ..ah the best ... used to play some game called "Kick" where there'd be two side, like faced off against one another like a Civil War battle line, and there'd be about a dozen or so balls and you could wither kick it out from your hands, or put it on the groud, run at it, and kick it off ...of course there'd be speedy people who would run to the other side and try and kick the ball away before you could kick it yourself, and others who would throw a ball at the other side to knock the other ball from being kicked ...others like me, hah, would sneak across, hide amongst the enemy team, and block the players kick, or swipe a ball and steal it and run back to the other side. ...ah..those were the days ..I'm glad I can remember it still lol! :P

Well I've finished my fried egg on toast sandwich and have drank half of my mug of tea. Please excuse me while I light my morning *coughing* stick. Click, click, Ahhh!!! I've got to quit these, but it's hard not to smoke while enjoying a hot mug of tea. :P

I quit for a year before my transplant and stayed good for eighteen months after. Between my mother dying while I was in the hospital for a minor problem arising from my previous operations and the stress of not being able to work it didn't take long to light up. At least I don't smoke two and a half packs a day like I used to, but sometimes I will go through half a pack.

Good morning *yawn*

Stayed up way too late last night. No, it wasn't the rum at Whiskeyman's Pub :pirate: That was my excuse for the night before :pirate: At least the pool got baptized, or I did, oh crap, now I'm getting confused.

It was windy and while the dog isn't afraid of thunderstorms, she is afraid of wind, so I had to stay downstairs with her sitting on my feet. Makes me almost wish she slept upstairs on the bed, but then again thinking of her doghair running amok with the dustbunnies..... (people with upstairs bedrooms can be lazy housekeepers :) )

No smoking in the house for me--and wow, what a difference it makes. Aside from the dog slobber and kids handprints, the windows stay so much cleaner!!!

Iceflyer, isn't it ridiculous that those fun games were banned from schools? I was constantly getting pummelled (probably due to my "nah, nah's" and smartaleck remarks) I loved those games. It was the Soccermoms not allowing to have anything bad happen to their little darlings..... :angry: My son plays soccer, but I am NOT a Soccermom, and I know plenty of Soccermoms whose little darlings have never touched a soccer ball. It's all in the attitude.

Ooooh, I'm getting inspired. Where's the rant page????

Liz

Good morning *yawn*

Stayed up way too late last night.  No, it wasn't the rum at Whiskeyman's Pub :pirate: That was my excuse for the night before :pirate:  At least the pool got baptized, or I did, oh crap, now I'm getting confused.

It was windy and while the dog isn't afraid of thunderstorms, she is afraid of wind, so I had to stay downstairs with her sitting on my feet.  Makes me almost wish she slept upstairs on the bed, but then again thinking of her doghair running amok with the dustbunnies..... (people with upstairs bedrooms can be lazy housekeepers :) )

No smoking in the house for me--and wow, what a difference it makes.  Aside from the dog slobber and kids handprints, the windows stay so much cleaner!!!

Iceflyer, isn't it ridiculous that those fun games were banned from schools?  I was constantly getting pummelled (probably due to my "nah, nah's" and smartaleck remarks) I loved those games.  It was the Soccermoms not allowing to have anything bad happen to their little darlings..... :angry:   My son plays soccer, but I am NOT a Soccermom, and I know plenty of Soccermoms whose little darlings have never touched a soccer ball.  It's all in the attitude.

Ooooh, I'm getting inspired.  Where's the rant page????

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simple answer:

Let the kids play, and the parents watch. :thumbsup:

extra edit answer: and sports is good, you're supposed to get a bruise heh :wacko:B)

Hello folks,

I need a strong hot mug of coffee while I sit in my rocking chair over by the window reading all the new thread posts today.

I am so tired today. Been staying up late for three nights now reading/posting on the boards. Even my cat is mad at me for being on computer so much, and usually she nags me to get in here to use it. Ha!. I'll also have to cut back on daily hours to make my isp happy by my keeping within their ridiculous 200 hrs usage per month rule too.

I just have to find a better outfit and get away from dialup. Qwest DSL I guess. The other alternative is Comcast and no way will I ever deal with them.

Our town is talking seriously about doing a high speed wireless "cloud" over entire city in a year or two. Intel is advising them on the how to's and they are searching for someone to build and run it. Intel spokesman today said it should be in the $25 to $30 range per household. Wow!!! That will sure give Comcast and Qwest fits. I heard San Francisco is also going to do it too. And was it Philadelphia I heard, that already has it? Eastern Oregon, way out in the boonies, a very rural area, has 600 square miles of Free wireless internet I read recently. Wow!!! That benefits governments at many levels, especially police. And the rest of the population gets to have it too. Wow!!!

Oh what changes this technological computer world has in store for ordinary lives.

Hopefully the changes will be beneficial for all, without any downside/darkside.

Yawn, Liz you got me yawning now. I also think some of my tiredness is from the emotional fall out of yet another G$ mess. Glad it is coming to a close with good coming out of it for people in spite of G$.

Liz, what were you doing in the pool??? Don't you know that is where Mac keeps his aligators before doing aligator stew? You be careful now!!! ya hear?

So now I need another mug of coffee, while I sit and read other posts.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

I got pushed, I tell ya', I got pushed!!!! The alligators are no longer a problem. I tamed 'em :pirate: And took alligator stew off the menu. No one's going to eat Lucy. :pirate:

I know how it is staying up too late reading, now that there is such a great crowd here. I love it!!! :) It's so nice to see this place growing by leaps and bounds, although Jeff must be exhausted. I'll give him the comfy chair.

Liz

I need a seat and a hot tea to relax. Its now 10:30 pm and I've been sitting for half hour. Been a long day since 5:00 am when I got up and this is the first rest I've had. Is there ahy leftovers around as I'm way too tired to cook. But I did find another car, Eagle Summit that a friend was getting rid of. It runs great and the price was right so I may get the caddy as well if we can figure out why it won't start

rrrrrrrrr......ZZZZZZ...... Oohhh

i had a long stressful day. remember posting about how early i was up this morning. i was supposed to go to my dads to help him with some pluming, he got busy at work for half the day. so i waited and just goofed around. we were just going to replace a nut (cuplier i think it's called) and one piece of pipe under the sink. i was helping cause he can't see well any more and has trouble with his hands sometimes. i'm just getting back now and i swear every time we looked at another connecting piece it was more than ready to be replaced. then that lead to the connecting pipes to the shower/tub. buy the end of it we replaced most of the pieces for the shower/tub, sink. upstairs shower/tub, upstairs sink, kitchen sink, and one of the valves for the outside water. i've been up from 6am to 1:30am the next day. i'm going to bed now, i just wanted to say good night guys. sleeping-smiley-004.gif

robroy a caddy??

Man o man I had a 63 caddy coupe with fins on the back big enough for a DC10,bought it for $350 everything worked but the auto dimmer on the dash.

What a car,would drive on the freeway with cruise set at 75-80 all day and be rested when I got to where I was going.

Wow! robroy, an Eagle? Don't see any around here anymore. The rock salt cancer laid them all to rest... You ain't gonna like the gas milage though, after your Honda. And a Caddy too? What year? That's a real nice comfey ride.

Mac, plumbing huh? Bleh, everytime I plumb I do it twice. Once to put all the parts together and the second to fix all the leaks... ^_^

Check the fuel lines on that Eagle. My mother had one. She parked at the mall one day and went into one of the stores. When she came out her car was burning. She called me at my bar just down the street and I called the fire department and went right over. I had to get a pry bar out of my trunk and pop the hood open. The flames had already entered the interior. The fire department arrived as I was trying to put it out with my fire extinguisher. Once the fire was out I could see that it started near the fuel pump. The fuel lines were plastic and had gotten brittle and cracked from the normal sideways motion of the engine when accelerating. If I remember correctly there was a bulletin about this. I can't remember if it was year/model specific.

Makai, I'm with you on plumbing, (I know its just a giant Marbleworks puzzle but I'm not strong enough to take apart the corroded pipes) but recently Bozodog taught me the merits of working with plastic pipes, maybe a "do it yourself" might be in my future. Depends on what breaks ;)

Robroy, a Caddy, too?? One warning, check insurance rates on the Cad, they can be pricey, but oh, what a nice car to drive. My Grandfather had one and he was actually brave enough to let me drive it as a teenager!! My parents though he was nuts.

Looking at the box of Marbleworks in the toyroom turned computer room.....they're calling me out to play. Been too long since my niece has been here :)

*Last Tourist Festival of the Summer in the White Lake Area* Yea!! The Illinois license plates will no longer outnumber the Michigan plates!

Liz

Caddy is a 94, in good condition, leather interior etc. Don't know if it will start yet, may check on it tomorrow. Thanks for the tip about the fuel lines TT I will look into it in the morning

wow robroy, your styling now.

Hey Mac, plumbing............just say no. Thats the one thing I will pay someone to do. Especially with an older house.Ugh!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no kidding. i keep finding parts that i can't find at Home Depot. well as before if worse comes to worse, i'll just make what i need. one of the advantages of the machine shop.

Macmarauder, do you have Lowes where you are??  I find that's the best spot for "the unusual".  Plumbing Supply stores and little hardware stores are good for that stuff, too.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah but the guy who had the house last made a bunch of his own stuff and instead of using flanges and such to hold the pipe together for making them easy to pull apart. he welded alot of them. i don't know why he did that. that's why i had to help my dad. so that not if but when we come across this crap i could build what ever we need if we have to. and we did.

hey if i can get that stupid G3 to work with liquid cooling from parts from and old chevy truck i can get this plumbing to work.