The Besttechie Cafe'

Weeee! *does an umbrella dance on the tables. Hey! Is that "dubya" sitting there in the blue shirt?

Ok, I'll have a grilled ham, cheese, and tomato sammich on wheat. Iced tea, lemon, not sweet. And... err... what's the soup of the day?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made an appointment with a building Surveillance Crew to check and see if i could make an addition and if i could build with a hangover to the my neighbors...

My neighbors are koo with it because i provide them with Comp and Internet services...

Robroy...if you move soon...(before next thursday), I'll throw you a wad of cash if you can get me approved with the add on....!!! **wink*wink**

***MAC, the cafe looks awesome...but who are we going to hire to server...I have a few suggestions, but can't let the troll do it because we will all only receive half eatin' goodies...

Edited by Vile_DR
the soup of the day is ummmm egg drop soup. i had a craving last night so i asked blim make a bunch this morning. as always she whipped it right up and made it look easy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never heard of that soup, but i'll have some :thumbsup:

Goman, the best eggdrop soup tastes like mild chicken soup and not as gross as it sounds. You'll have to try some sometime. :)

Sublim, we have anything you want to drink, hands you an earl grey! In the summertime I always have an iced tea in my hand!

Vile, you have a secretary now?? (scroll, scroll, well, I read it somewhere, didn't I??) Wow, that was some promotion! Glad things are beginning to fall into place. So you're going with the addition for your playroom? That sounds like a good compromise. Hangover to the neighbors?? What's that mean? All I can think of is the results of a good block party. Keep us posted with the progress.

Took my 81 year old "nut with a walker" (her term, not mine!) out shopping today and got her a handicapped parking tag. Whee, good spaces!! Wish she'd *ahem* let me use it...But nooooo!! But anyways, my brain is completely mush. Always is after our 6 hour excursion.

Other than that, nothing going on here except feeding the finches and pulling weeds. Oh!!! Finally got my first ripe tomato today!! :thumbsup:

Liz

I can't remember how much it cost me to add a 14' x 20' carport on my old place in West Palm Beach. I think that's about right for the inspection and permit. It should go by square footage and if it is to be enclosed or not. I placed latice on the side and the back. The car very rarely was parked in it. I had a huge wire spool and some bar stools sitting in it. Perfect place to get out of the sun and sip some ice cold Tangueray and fresh juice squeezed from the grapefruit picked from my tree. I miss that house. :(

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

Hi Fiddy and welcome to the cafe!!! How about some chicken stew and Bohemian Dumplings with some of my fresh tomatoes on the side?? Nope, not those slimy dumplings that float in soup (eww), my Jewish Bohemian Grandmother's recipe, about as big as your hand and "finished off" in the oven. Don't eat too many, though, they'll turn into bricks in your stomach if you do. You're skinny, you get three. :)

Do anything interesting today?

Liz

welcome guys, please help yourselves to free donuts, coffee, ect. it's the lightest calorie stuff you'll ever have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Almost as if you were losing weight while snacking here at BT Cafe'.

I hit a snag guys. My girl and I are having a disagreement on the placement of our cars in the garage and the driveway. She wants to park her car in the garage, but i want to put a pool table, wall hanging TV, a big Rack Mount Fridge (vending type, given to me by a buddy that works for Pepsi), and some other toys i can throw in there so she can have the house while my friends are over and not bother her...but she says i can use the spare bedroom to put all the stuff but the table and just not get one...Now I have a cover over my driveway that i park my car under, but i am stuck. I don't mind parking my car off on the short side of my yard, or possibly add an addition to the driveway, but what am i suppose to do about this...i really want the garage to be more like a "getaway, or game room" and she insists on parking her car in there...

What do you guys think I should do to make her happy and to satisfy my "free space"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dr V, Your idea for the garage redo sounds great, and to an old married lady like me (will be 35 years next month), I'd be glad to have hubby have something like that if I could spend some time with him there too. But...I am wondering if there is some other reason she isn't gung ho about the idea besides the car parking? Since you two are still honeymooning, if I remember right, then maybe she's sort of feeling like you will be spending so much time out in the new room with your friends, that she will be forgotten about (or worse yet taken for granted now you have caught her), or that she will be just plain lonesome for your company? You did mention your working long hours. So maybe she feels she would like to have you in the house? You do know we women think quite a bit differently than you guys. The men are from Mars, women are from Venus routine. So maybe she is talking out loud about car parking, but really worrying about you parking yourself in decked out garage, leaving her by her lonesome in the house? We just like the companionship of having our mates nearby. We don't have to be doing same thing, just not left out either. It's comforting to know hubby is in next room to gab with occasionally during evening. He can be watching tv or reading in living room, me in here on computer or out in kitchen and still close enough to talk to each other, or get a hug, etc. He comes in to see what's going on on boards, I go out and briefly hold hands, or get him some Coke, or he brings me a cup of coffee. It just feels comfy. But that took some years to get to the right balance of free space. So maybe your bride isn't to secure yet, and this garage thing is scary to her emotionally? Just something I thought I should mention, so you can sit down and have a good talk about it all. Reassurance is always good, followed up with commitment to continually work on the right balance of free time alone and together to satisfy both of you. Good luck.

Mac that remodel of cafe is perfect. And so fast. You did a great job as always.

As for service in cafe, everybody seems to contribute and if no one around we serve ourselves. Has worked pretty good so far I think.

Liz, did you eat that first tomato or share it with family? I know what I'd do. ha ha!! :rolleyes:

I had a few ripen earlier, then they did nothing since then (other than grow so tall they tipped the cages over and had to prop them up). But I saw another one or two starting to ripen yesterday. But oh boy when the rest decide to catch up, we will have bushels of them.

Take care folks. See you tomorrow.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat

Ahoy, I know you, Parrotgeek!! :pirate: Although you don't know me, I just lurk at that "other place"....Welcome to Besttechies!!! Where's your avatar? Nicotine is in the smoking section, don't worry, you won't be alone.

:pirate: Arggghhhh, Matey :pirate: Sorry, I just found this :pirate: It's my newest toy and I'm still playing.

*Puts some Tequila and Rum in the bar, just for OVER 21 YEAR OLDS WHO DON'T INTEND TO DRIVE pirates, and those who wish they were pirates!*

Don't drink and drive! Sailing's ok, though.

Liz

Ahoy, I know you, Parrotgeek!! :pirate: Although you don't know me, I just lurk at that "other place"....Welcome to Besttechies!!!  Where's your avatar?  Nicotine is in the smoking section, don't worry, you won't be alone.

:pirate: Arggghhhh, Matey :pirate:  Sorry, I just found this :pirate: It's my newest toy and I'm still playing.

*Puts some Tequila and Rum in the bar, just for OVER 21 YEAR OLDS WHO DON'T INTEND TO DRIVE pirates, and those who wish they were pirates!*

Don't drink and drive!  Sailing's ok, though.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ohh why ohh why did someone have to tell her where the pirate button was. :o i wander if i should disable it? ^_^

love the new theme blim :P:thumbsup: here's a pic of you as a pirate

post-95-1124352346_thumb.jpg

welcome guys, please help yourselves to free donuts, coffee, ect. it's the lightest calorie stuff you'll ever have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Almost as if you were losing weight while snacking here at BT Cafe'.

I hit a snag guys. My girl and I are having a disagreement on the placement of our cars in the garage and the driveway. She wants to park her car in the garage, but i want to put a pool table, wall hanging TV, a big Rack Mount Fridge (vending type, given to me by a buddy that works for Pepsi), and some other toys i can throw in there so she can have the house while my friends are over and not bother her...but she says i can use the spare bedroom to put all the stuff but the table and just not get one...Now I have a cover over my driveway that i park my car under, but i am stuck. I don't mind parking my car off on the short side of my yard, or possibly add an addition to the driveway, but what am i suppose to do about this...i really want the garage to be more like a "getaway, or game room" and she insists on parking her car in there...

What do you guys think I should do to make her happy and to satisfy my "free space"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dr V, Your idea for the garage redo sounds great, and to an old married lady like me (will be 35 years next month), I'd be glad to have hubby have something like that if I could spend some time with him there too. But...I am wondering if there is some other reason she isn't gung ho about the idea besides the car parking? Since you two are still honeymooning, if I remember right, then maybe she's sort of feeling like you will be spending so much time out in the new room with your friends, that she will be forgotten about (or worse yet taken for granted now you have caught her), or that she will be just plain lonesome for your company? You did mention your working long hours. So maybe she feels she would like to have you in the house? You do know we women think quite a bit differently than you guys. The men are from Mars, women are from Venus routine. So maybe she is talking out loud about car parking, but really worrying about you parking yourself in decked out garage, leaving her by her lonesome in the house? We just like the companionship of having our mates nearby. We don't have to be doing same thing, just not left out either. It's comforting to know hubby is in next room to gab with occasionally during evening. He can be watching tv or reading in living room, me in here on computer or out in kitchen and still close enough to talk to each other, or get a hug, etc. He comes in to see what's going on on boards, I go out and briefly hold hands, or get him some Coke, or he brings me a cup of coffee. It just feels comfy. But that took some years to get to the right balance of free space. So maybe your bride isn't to secure yet, and this garage thing is scary to her emotionally? Just something I thought I should mention, so you can sit down and have a good talk about it all. Reassurance is always good, followed up with commitment to continually work on the right balance of free time alone and together to satisfy both of you. Good luck.

Take care folks. See you tomorrow.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good Point PAT, but I don't think that might be the whole problem. She knows that I have been working longer hours, and she also knows that there is only one day a week that i ask for a little bit of space and it happens to be a day that she is at work until late (9pm). I spend the remaining days with her, either out in the yard, planning decorations and movements in the house, plus just watching TV with her is great...And when she gets off on Sat nights, i usually send the guys home unless she is not so tired and wants to hang out, then we also get my buddies girls over there, or head out for a night of billiards, movies, putt-putt, or which ever...even occasional bar hopping. I think it has more to do with her new car purchase. She has become very protective of it, which is understandable, being her very first car that she has gotten on her own, but overly protective about where it sits. I think it is almost like a competition, because i also have a not-even 3 week old car and her is not quite a week...but well see how next week goes with the building inspectors out there and what happens next...

THANKS FOR THE TIP though...i really don't want to leave her in the dark nor change my routine even with the addition, or changing of the Garage...it is about her happiness that makes me happy... B):rolleyes: