Found KB891711 in my startup after downloading the latest Critical Update in my 98se from Microsoft. A Google search show this to be a running process from Microsoft. Some folks have been getting blues screens after downloading it. I had a blue screen when trying to shutdown last evening and considering that it has been many many months since that happened to me I felt it a bit coincidental. I also feel that the machine is running just a tad slower than before. Anyone else had this experience or anyone like to comment

Bryan

I had no problems with it except for the damn thing using system resources. Do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and you'll see it there also. If you have a good anti-virus program and set Outlook Express to read plain text only in Read options you could uncheck the update from Startup. It's user preference. I don't allow html in my emails.

Thanks for your response The T. I like to use HTML. I use the free version of Avast and also use the free version of Zone Alarm. My resouces range from 75% to 80% so I think I will keep it as is for the moment unless it gives me problems. Yes I had noticed it in Ctl-Alt-Del. I was wondering if anyone had experienced any problems with it.

Bryan