basically,

I'm running firefox 3.5 on a vista business machine, and Facebook wont load up properly.

If it loads up at all, it looks like its being run on a pre windows 3.1 kinda machine.

This happend once before and it was some kind of virtumonde thing.

But this time i've scanned with spybot, spyware doctor, Malwarebytes, and even avg has had a crack, still no improvement.

I've disabled all the addons for firefox, and i've cleaned out the cache. i've even had a clean with the new version of CCleaner.

still it wont load right.

I'm now annoyed, so before i throw my pc out the window, someone please let me know how i can fix it.

P.s. i am on a wireles connection using a belkin wireless adaptor and router, if that makes any difference

I'd say a plug-in, ISP or network problem. I don't use Facebook but I was just working on my boss's computers at his other shop an hour ago and he was using Facebook on Firefox 3.5 with absolutely no issues.

I'd say a plug-in, ISP or network problem. I don't use Facebook but I was just working on my boss's computers at his other shop an hour ago and he was using Facebook on Firefox 3.5 with absolutely no issues.

Agreed. I'm running Facebook at the moment with FF 3.51 and have no issues.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=faceboo...;fp=VEE02fthf5k

Looks to be a common problem.

Glad I do not use Facebook .

Can you ping it?

Have you cleared temp and temp internet files and cookies?

scuse my noobness but how to ping please?

and yes i went over the temp folder with CCleaner, and SUPERANTISpyware

Edited by JoshLyman

Its not an isp cos another computer which uses an ethernet connection rather than a wireless in the house is fine with facebook.

Whereas my comp is on a wireless conection to the same router.

so what could i do to my wireless connection to see if it worked?

Edited by JoshLyman
try to hardwire it to the router and see if the same thing happens and for the heck of it, try wireless on another computer and see if it does it.

well hard wiring it to the router is a bit difficult, but i have tried it on another wireless computer ... same issue

so any computer that uses wireless with that router has the issue? Then it's likely the router is bad. Well, maybe not bad but it ain't handling something correctly. A firmware upgrade could possibly fix it.

Edited by Honda_Boy

unfortunately no to the screen shot

basically i get a blank white page, and the green progress bar bottom right gets almost to the end but never really does.

If i stop it loading the page it comes up with most of the text, but the spacing/fonts pics are all wrong, like its in basic html mode or something silimar.

and i dont use adblock plus so cant be that

basically i get a blank white page, and the green progress bar bottom right gets almost to the end but never really does.

If i stop it loading the page it comes up with most of the text, but the spacing/fonts pics are all wrong, like its in basic html mode or something silimar.

Screen shot would definitely be helpful. If you can find a way to provide one that would be great. Nonetheless, what Firefox plugins are you using? Can you access the site using Firefox (Safe Mode)?

Also, do you use OpenDNS?

B

Screen shot would definitely be helpful. If you can find a way to provide one that would be great. Nonetheless, what Firefox plugins are you using? Can you access the site using Firefox (Safe Mode)?

B

dont know. how would i find out?

B

right its definitely a wireless issue, as all 3 computers that have a wireless connection are experiencing the same facebook problem (1 uses vista, 2 use xp, and all of them use different versions of fire fox) where as the only computer that uses a hardwire connection has no problem at all

Edited by JoshLyman

If you don't know if you're using OpenDNS you probably aren't. This seems rather strange. The computers that are able to access Facebook, do they have all the same programs, etc installed? For example, did you run CCleaner on those machines? I've seen CCleaner remove stuff it shouldn't occasionally.

And to clarify, this only happens on Facebook? No other site at all (currently)?

B