Hey gang,

I'm in the process of cleaning out a friends computer and I have found a file that i cannot delete. I tried the right click delete (obviously) and it only gives options to add to playlist ect.. (WMP functions). I then tried deleting in safe mode and again no. Tried through command prompt, again no. I then tried using a 3rd party delete program, again no. I finally asked him what he downloaded and it turns out it was a movie trailer and when i searched for it i found out it was a 100 KB or so file that is on the computer now, but does not exist <_< .

I'm stumped on this one and what to do further anyone else got any suggestions?

Sorry, should have previewed my first post.

Try again,

Rename the folder and try deleting it.

Ya i forgot to put in that i had tried that already too (the file though cannot be renamed because it does not give me the option at all)

Thanks for the link, i tried a similar program but both give me the same thing, when i try to select the file, it pretty much gives me something to the extent of could not find path, make sure the the correct file name was given...

I need to rename it but cannot ;)

I tried Eraser, and the task could not be completed because it came back with an "Error: there is no data to erase"

I'm at my wits end here I had a problem like this on my old comp but i easily fixed it but this is being stubborn ;)

Safe Mode

and

admin should work fine. don't log on your id in safe mode, you'll prob'lly get the same errors.

M

Thanks for the suggestion but i think that was the 2nd thing i tried ;)

There seems to be no way around this for now

Just noticed something, i tried to create a text file with the same name and then name is too long by about 4 characters.

I think that may have something to do with it but cannot find a solution to that either...

Can you rename the .wmv file to something short then do the same with the text file?