Anyone Heard From Marsh Recently?

Thanks for all your concerns, it has meant a lot to me and the cat.

Tho the cat is still mad for going away.

Blacked out into a coma May 4th in my easy chair.

Had a scheduled UPS delivery for the following morning, my door is always unlocked so UPS opens the door to leave the package inside.

Guess he saw me slumped over and called the ambulance.

What can Brown do for you ?

Ileostomy losing half my colon due to gangrene, so I'm left temporarily (hoping) with the bag.

15 days later was transferred to the VA hospital in Milwaukee.

Ambulance bill was $3,660.

Marshfield hospital gave up on me after developing ARDS, (Google says only a 60% survival rate).

At this time I beat death twice.

Woke up from the coma 2 & 1/2 months later, July 17th, on a ventilator and life support.

Dreamless sleep so I really didn't miss summer and 4 months of my life.

Muscles begin to go to waste when not being used.

Real struggle to build back even the swallowing muscles, took a long time without water.

Making progress being able to stand (assisted with a safety belt) for 15 seconds, then as days went by made it 55 seconds, etc.

What a fantastic PT (physical therapy) department knowing how to push me to the max.

They knew how to make every muscle sore haha

I will guess way beyond a million dollar investment in me, so I need to make proud all the doctors, nurses, therapists, shrinks, cooks, etc.

Saying goodbyes to the critical care nurses was a real treat, seeing their looks of happiness and surprise.

I was given little chance.

So I now have a long life ahead of me because it can't happen again haha

Long road ahead of me, but having you great friends really helps.

Gotta stop by more often with all this free time.

I'm not much into chit chat, but things do change.

Marsh

Good to hear from you Marsh.

I know the joys of the bag , and sure was glad when they decided to reconnect things. (I still remember going into a convenience store I had been a hundred times before to buy a six pack and having the clerk pull a gun and say "Ok buddy, raise your shirt"; apparently thinking I was shoplifting. Seeing the bags (Yes I actually had a double) filled with gas and crap he looked ready to puke and said "Put it back down, put it back down".

You sure got lucky with the UPS guy; did they ever find out what the initial cause was?

(Dead bowel causing toxic shock?).

Yeah, cats really can hold a grudge for the strangest reasons. My siamese is still pissed at me for rescuing the feral tuxedo cat and her kittens (Even though we got rid of all the kittens and got Tux fixed).