Yahoo Toolbar With Anti-spy

Has anyone used the new Yahoo toolbar with Anti-Spy? I'm not sure how long it has been in release, but I haven't heard a lot about it. It's located here if anyone wants to check it out as well.

To run Yahoo! Toolbar you will need:

* Microsoft Windows operating system. (95, 98, ME, 2000, XP)

* Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher.

My boss wants me to test it out and evaluate it and I'd like to give him a really thorough report, including those of others that have used it and the successes/failures they've had with it. I'm pretty skeptical going in, but maybe it'll turn out okay. I used to like the Yahoo toolbar quite a bit before Google came along and made one that slaughtered it. BUT, so far as I know, Google isn't doing anything with anti-spy in their toolbar.

Anyone know what type of anti-spyware technology this is based on? Thanks everyone!

Hi WiredMonkey, I have not tried the Yahoo toolbar, since I was also skeptical. From what I have read, you have to manually configure it scan for spyware, might be changed. It uses Pestpatrol in its partnership with the tool bar. Also another bit of controversy was the Claria and Gator financial links.

Here is some interesting reading:

Yahoo toolbar

False spyware links

There are plenty of articles concerning the Yahoo toolbar.

I agree. I use Firefox all the time as well. But, my boss wants this tested and wants to put it on machines in the companies we support, I guess, so that there will be some level of anti-spyware. I've told him there are other programs that do the job better, but I think he's got an itch for this program that needs to be scratched.