Dr Specializes In Laparoscopic Surgery

Finally someone has come up with something good about all the time spent playing video games.

This story was in the Oregonian today, about a laparoscopic Surgeon who says game playing trains the eye/hand coordination necessary for this type of surgery, and at far less cost than the $200, 000 medical simulators. In fact he has a large data base measuring how game playing Drs perform versus those who aren't gamers. The Dr also is working with Hollywood visual effects experts in motion capture technology, to produce new types of surgical training techniques and devices.

I wonder if he can deduct the cost of his video games and equipment on his taxes, or at least put them on his expense report at the hospital. HaHa! :rolleyes:

I hope this story will be of interest to you folks.

Drs who play video games are faster and more accurate in surgery

God bless everyone.

yeah, i have been playing so many games, my cousin (who graduated med school a while back) kept saying that since i play so many game, my hand-eye coordination is great, therefore i'm an excellent person to become a surgeon. Later he found out how shaky my hand is, and now he's having second thoughts....:)

Hmmmmm....."rv is thinking"........(Game console.....games....I wonder.....maybe this could sharpen up my guitar playing......hmmmm). :rolleyes:

LOL

yeah, I've had those daydreams too

whats funny is that most guitarists could play if they suddenly went blind...kinda removes the "eye" from the hand-eye coordination equation....and unfortunately there really isn't anything "like" playing guitar to simulate playing guitar to better your skills.

reminded of the old saying..."how do you get to Carnegie Hall?...practice, practice practice!"...lol

(note: tictoc never wanted to get to Carnegie hall and uses his musicianship to keep from going bananas)