My New Dog And Son

Just weighed him yesterday(put him on the scale at the recycling center), we was 82 pounds. We suspect he is mixed with some lab, so his hair is a bit more course. We brought him to the local dog park, which has a creek. He spent the entire time in the water. He definitely loves water.

TT, if you have time, post a few pictures of your dog

Pete, I am curious to see your pit mix also. Is that your ridgeback/pit mix in your signature(looks like it with the head), or is that a pure Rhodesian Ridgeback?

TT, if you have time, post a few pictures of your dog

Pete, I am curious to see your pit mix also. Is that your ridgeback/pit mix in your signature(looks like it with the head), or is that a pure Rhodesian Ridgeback?

Yep that is her she is a mix.

CV2.jpg

CM.jpg

img_0013b.jpg

Forground Ridgback/pitt ; East German Shepherd ; Lab Rott Mix

Background Jindo: Sharpei Chow : Another Lab Rott

Here is one of a purebred Pinknose Staffordshire American Pit Bull we fostered

img_0014a.jpg

He weighed 55 Lbs full grown and she weighs 95lbs.

"You disturbed my beauty sleep for a picture?"

LOL, yup, exactly what he was thinking, thats for sure! :D 'Cept you forgot to include "beauty sleep in a PRIMO SUNSPOT"

Wow, Pete, thats a lotta pups! Put Sandydog to sleep a month ago :( and giving fostering some serious thought as the house is very quiet without a furbaby. How was your fostering experience?

Liz

Bozo is 50-50 boxer Shepard. His mom and dad were both 50% crosses. He was the only male in a litter of 12 and only one of three with Boxer traits. The Dane in the 2nd pic, crossed the Rainbow bridge last year at 10 1/2 years old. The little mutt will probably live forever.

july2404bozoresized.jpg

Trouble.jpg

you have nice looking family. Wow, 95 pounds for a pure pit is huge.

That is why I am sure she is part Ridgeback. Not to mention that other than lacking the ridge (she had one as a pup) she could be the twin sister of the purebred AKC ridgeback which lives the next block over. It was the SPCA that insisted (and labled) her as a Pit. Of course they thought the Jindo ( a Korean short haired Chow sort of) was a German Shepherd mix, and told me the Sable Shepherd was a full grown terrier mix and two years old when she weighed 25 pounds (now weighs 85-90 and I learned she was not two years old and fixed when she went into heat at six months after I got her).

I think we have about 575 pounds of dogflesh between the six of them.

But they are all stable and well balanced and calm.

Funny thing was their reactions to the fhttp://www.besttechie.net/forums/style_images/besttechie1217800299/folder_editor_images/rte-link-button.pngeral baby kittens we rescued.

When we first rescued them we kept them and feral mom in the big dog carrier crate. After a week (ten days?) they were beginning to wobble and try to get out when I opened the crate to change litterbox and bedding and put in fresh water and food (mom always tried to get as far away from me as possible). The big female Rott /Lab and the Ridgeback sat watching excitedly and suddenly my OL screamed that they were going to eat one of the kittens. I was not too concerned since they know cats and had been told these were baby kittens and nothing better happen to them. Gently the Rott picked up a kitten that had strayed to far afield with her tongue and rolled it into her mouth and carried it back to the carrier and put it inside and returned to her position watching over them. Typical pack behavior to watch over the young so that mom gets some free time and if they stray to far from the den to pick them up and carry them back.

Momma cat trusts the dogs more than me (of course I did steal her kittens and then capture her and put her in a box and later take her to the vet to get fixed). For a feral though she sure is coming along. Of course now I cannot get near enough to her to catch her again and let her out so she roams the house as do the three remaining kittens (we found a home for one already).

post-45-1247323948_thumb.jpg

Bozo is 50-50 boxer Shepard. His mom and dad were both 50% crosses. He was the only male in a litter of 12 and only one of three with Boxer traits. The Dane in the 2nd pic, crossed the Rainbow bridge last year at 10 1/2 years old. The little mutt will probably live forever.

july2404bozoresized.jpg

Trouble.jpg

nice looking dogs :-)