White Trash Cookbook

One of the reasons I left northern Florida. You couldn't get a decent meal that wasn't made with tons of fatback. My stomach started quivering reading those recipes.

Fried chitlins and pig stomach? What's not to love?

iskandals-chicharon.jpg

Now excuse me while I go and throw up. :o:o:o

One of the reasons I left northern Florida. You couldn't get a decent meal that wasn't made with tons of fatback. My stomach started quivering reading those recipes.

My Mother In Law lives in Alabama and cooks like that. If she can add salt pork , fatback or lard to it she does; and if it can be fried it is.

She even fries cornbread.

"OOOH, they have a volume II"

Darn! I must have missed the release party.

To tell you the truth though, I'd be a little leary of the authenticity of this book. I thumbed through it and found references to such hoity-toity ingredients as "mozzarella cheese" and "English Muffins".

And as any real connoisseur knows, the cheese of choice is Cheese Whiz (or if you're a certified gourmet, Velveeta) and the bread of choice is Wonder.

:lol:

hmm, sounds just like the same things poor white southerners eat. :rolleyes:

Not what my OL had to say about it.

I did not see anything that sparked my interest in either book so I guess I will just make a standard Yankee Pot Roast today.

(Was at an Albertsons and they had chuck and round roasts marked down to 99 cents a pound so I bought several. ) Got out my meat grinder and ground up about five pounds of mixed chuck / round for taco meat (made that last night) and spaghetti sauce (tomorrow ) and left out the best chuck roast for pot roast today (leftovers become stew on Monday).

Remember the Geeks in The Kitchen?

Lookey here

http://www.kitchengeeks.net/

Nothing there yet; but hey its a start.

Or this

http://www.cookingwithgeeks.com/