I often wonder why there is no comprehensive program on the market that protects our computers from all types of baddies. There are Anti -Virus, Spyware finders, trojan finders,Keylogger stoppers, Firewalls etc. It is possible to write programs to protect us from these threats why is it that no-one has come up with an all inclusive one instead of having to have separate programs for protection. Just wondering again

Bryan

It is possible to write programs to protect us from these threats why is it that no-one has come up with an all inclusive one instead of having to have separate programs for protection. Just wondering again

#1. The definition files are huge, and constantly changing.

#2. Each malware affects different parts of your system.

#3. And, you'll fine each different application will find something the others didn't.

Even all inclusive "suites" have sub sections for firewalls, Av, and trojans, etc.

Just received an email that my server is now doing just what I was talking ablout. Here is a copy from the email I received.

Shaw Secure is now included as part of your Shaw High-Speed Internet service. Thanks to customer feedback we have improved your Internet service and now offer the best protection for your PC. This service upgrade is available at no charge on up to 3 computers in your home. Shaw Secures complete security package includes:

Anti-virus - stops viruses, worms, and Trojans from infecting your computer through email, web browsing, or infected floppy disks and CDs.

Firewall - the robust personal firewall keeps hackers and worms out of your computer.

Parental controls - scans each website against a set of parameters that you help create to protect your children from inappropriate Internet content.

Anti-spam - filters all inbound email messages and moves spam to a separate folder.

Spyware protection - blocks and scans for common Spyware on your computer in an effort to ensure your information is kept personal and that no unsolicited information is being gathered.

Pop-up blocker - prevents pop-up of intrusive and unauthorized advertising windows.

Constant software updates - checks for virus updates on an hourly basis, as well provides detailed descriptions of current threats, and explains the risk and why it is important to take preventative action.