The Hidden Secrets Of Online Quizzes

The Hidden Secrets of Online Quizzes

You can have a ball taking online quizzes on Facebook and other sites, but here are some things you should know before you do.

JR Raphael, PC World

"I am a genius. I'm charismatic, kind, and understanding. I'm also a Disney princess named Aurora and the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe.

But I'm not crazy (at least, not completely). I've just been taking a lot of online quizzes lately--you know, the ones all over the Web promising to reveal your IQ, personality traits, or celebrity resemblances. Aside from discovering my inner Sleeping Beauty, I've also learned something important: These quizzes are about far more than providing users with enlightening or entertaining information.

The Real Deal

While Web quizzes may be fun to take, they're also a powerful tool for companies to collect your data and even your money--and often in ways you might not notice. We'll get to the spooky stuff in a moment, but let's start with the simplest method of quiz-based marketing: advertising. The very nature of a typical online quiz requires you to divulge all sorts of details about yourself. Those tidbits of info are like nuggets of gold for advertisers craving a way to connect with you."

Read PCWorld - http://www.pcworld.com/article/164527/the_...ne_quizzes.html