How To Get Windows 7 Rc

Microsoft gives users Windows 7 free for 13 months

Company confirms June 1, 2010 expiration date for Windows 7 RC

By Gregg Keizer

April 30, 2009 (Computerworld)

Microsoft Corp. will let users run Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) for more than a year, giving them free use of the new operating system for a significantly longer time than it did Vista's previews.

Windows 7 RC, slated for download by MSDN and TechNet subscribers today and by the general public on May 5, doesn't expire until June 1, 2010, 13 months from tomorrow, Microsoft confirmed today.

When asked why the company is giving users such a long free pass for the software, a spokeswoman declined to comment.

The date had been leaked more than a month ago, when a Microsoft site temporarily posted a page that revealed other details of the upcoming RC, including a May delivery and no limit on the number of downloads.

"You don't need to rush to get Windows 7 RC," the leaked page read in late March. "The RC release will be available at least through June 2009, and we're not limiting the number of product keys, so you have plenty of time."

Read here: http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...ticleId=9132397

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How to get Windows 7 RC

Everyone gets a shot at Windows 7 this week

By Gregg Keizer

May 3, 2009 (Computerworld) On Tuesday, Microsoft will post Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) for the general public.

The milestone is important, since it's the one-and-only release candidate Microsoft will issue for Windows 7, making it the last public stop on the operating system's brief tour before it ships.

And when will that be? Microsoft's not saying, though at least one executive recently broke with past practice and admitted it's possible that Windows 7 would be out in time for the holidays. We're betting it shows up sometime between Aug. 28 and Sept. 20, dates based on the past pace from RC to final for Windows XP and Vista.

Windows 7 RC is also an important-to-get preview, because --while it's not final code -- you'll be able to use it until June 2010, more than a year away. Microsoft's largess has never been larger.

Nor, apparently, have its ambitions been greater, since Windows 7 must simultaneously pry people away from Windows XP while masking the odor left behind by Vista.

Details here: http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...ticleId=9132478

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cool I was able to update my Beta version to the RC version, don't know why it came in a update. It then started nagging me that it was a illegal copy and my license key was invalid.