Americans Told To Wear Masks As Swine Flu Spreads Round Globe:::

"North of the border, in the US, doctors were advising people worried about the illness to buy painters’ masks from DIY stores as a precautionary measure." = http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/h...icle6173927.ece

+

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/04/26/swine...c-over-the-web/

Edited by sultan_emerr

I guess masks are nothing but a fashion statement.

Wear a mask?! What a hoot! What kind of doofus doctors are prescribing masks? The flu is caused by a virus. The pores in a painters mask, compaired to your average sized virus is like a field mouse before a very large opened door. Get a grip.

Dr. Tom, Tucson, USA

The masks are a wearable placebo. Surgical masks are supposed reduce the risk of infection (I don't know about painters masks) but right now the main benefit is psychological.

Those el-cheapo paper painter masks will not protect you from anything airborne. I can attest to this from all the times I have used them when spray painting. Many times I have been wiped out from paint fumes using them. I used to find it amusing getting a buzz from epoxies until I discovered how much damage could be done to my body.

Surgical masks are better designed for preventing germs from being inhaled or exhaled.

I agree for fine particles but since the flue is transmitted from "Snot" and that does not get small enough to pass though the mask.. but sine they are not waring gloves as soon as they itch their nose they just negated having the mask so I say try this

44113.gif

or this

MOPP

I say People should be at MOPP 4 at all times :)

Plus it protects their computers from most viruses.. since they can not type in those gloves.. they cant use it. give the malware guys a break for couple days.

LOL, those pics are great! :D

I have a feeling that mask manufacturers will benefit the same way that duct tape and sheetplastic manufacturers felt a boom after 9/11...

Son works at a gas station and they were sent a box of masks to be worn "when they are told to wear them". Ridiculous. Son asked his boss what would happen if he refused to wear one and she said he could be fired. More ridiculous. So Son decided he would work on his best Darth Vader Voice in preparation of having to wear the mask. I think he will be dissapointed if he doesn't get to wear one now "Looooooooooke, I ahm youhr Fathhhhther. It issss trooooooooo"

Liz

I guess masks are nothing but a fashion statement.
Wear a mask?! What a hoot! What kind of doofus doctors are prescribing masks? The flu is caused by a virus. The pores in a painters mask, compaired to your average sized virus is like a field mouse before a very large opened door. Get a grip.

Dr. Tom, Tucson, USA

yes i agree

and an oppertunity to cash on some poor innocent

persons

gulliability

that wont stop you from catching the disease

that is utter bull-----t

that stuff is circulated

to try and calm the worried

it isnt about catching the desease

but to rip off the public how ever published that shit

i hope they get the flu

marty

LOL, those pics are great! :D

I have a feeling that mask manufacturers will benefit the same way that duct tape and sheetplastic manufacturers felt a boom after 9/11...

Son works at a gas station and they were sent a box of masks to be worn "when they are told to wear them". Ridiculous. Son asked his boss what would happen if he refused to wear one and she said he could be fired. More ridiculous. So Son decided he would work on his best Darth Vader Voice in preparation of having to wear the mask. I think he will be dissapointed if he doesn't get to wear one now "Looooooooooke, I ahm youhr Fathhhhther. It issss trooooooooo"

Liz

hi liz we have some cases here

3 schools who went to mexico

on a school student exchange

have all bin diagnosed with some sort of flu

66 in all

i think 4 have swine flu

it seems to be young people with it

i read where between 16 and 21 was the average age of what deaths have occured

so my theory

young people havent got the immunitys yet

tho hope fully no one dies of it

marty

Don't want to get swine flu or any other type of flu.......

1:WASH YOUR HANDS. Often. And keep them out of your nose, eyes, and mouth. It's amazing how many people still do not do this.

2: When you are standing next to some idiot that is sneezing and coughing, leave immediately.

3: If you are unforunate enough to have to go to a doctor's office or hospital, DO NOT pick up the magazines in the waiting room. Guess who has just been sneezing, and coughing all over them?