New Wheels/new Chair - May 26

Brian - I am very happy for you ... enjoy your new toy. I like the color ... reminds me of my son's first car ... Datsun 240. Anyway, I hope it improves life for you and I can also detect you are ecstatically happy at the moment. Enjoy!!

That color ... sure is noticeable. Actually, I really like it, reminds me of some Chrysler and American Motors muscle car colors from the 70's.

The first thing I though of was a 70's green Superbird.

That chair looks pretty high tech. Does it have a computer to control the power assist?

Is that a wheelie bar in the back?

Steve:

As far as I know the way the chair is controlled is through the use of the handrims and small "joysticks" that connect to the handrim and the inside base of the hub. The Tire is a 24" Pnumatic that can be replaced when it needs to bem simply by removing the tire and tube after deflating it.

Yes, that is a "Wheelie Bar" in the back - Quickie2's (like all lightweight chairs) has these as standard equipment, so that the operator (me) DOES NOT flip the chair over. I have them adjusted so I can pop a wheelie, but not flip the chair over. With Emotion Power Wheels, they are REQUIRED by law because of the fact that you could easily roll the chair over without them........

More Later.....

Brian

Just teasing about the color.

Thet will see you coming hopefully. :thumbsup:

Tjet:

No problem about the color - I wanted something different and unique - seems like everyone can get Red, Blue, Yellow, etc, color chairs, so I thought the Toxic Green would be unique - and I have already heard from others that they like the color :D

they should see her coming, because as you notice, the Emotion Wheels (Pic 2) of my original post, have reflectors built in - so if light hits them, I should be able to show up really well ;)

Brian

Edited by baker7
  • 1 month later...

Hello Team!

Well, I have taken my chair to Burlington, VT for the first time! On July 7, 2009, I took the LINK Express to Burlington to spend a couple days with my friends. I must say that not only was I impressed with the way the chair handles, but also impressed with the way I can control the chair!! I went DOWN an incline that was steep but gradual, and all the way down, I had my hands on the wheels for control - I was able to control the chair on the decent, and then was able to push the chair UP an incline with ease.

I was SO HAPPY to be in Burlington!! what a difference - and the sidewalks and streets are so much better - went from Pearl/Cherry Streets to College Street in a matter of minutes using the bike path route, then turned right, and up the street - crossed twice. and back around to Cherry Street Bus Terminal - WOW!! Extremely easy!!

I was with my friend Bill, and during this ride, I had him close by, in case of problems, but he was just there in case I made a judgement error, as some of the sidewalks and cutouts are similar in color to my eyes. I was able to also go to the mall last Tuesday, and run for a 3-4 hour period in "outdoor mode" - This mode allows me to push once and get 2 to 2 1/2 revolutions per manual push - I have to shift modes sometimes to save battery power, but all in all, was happy with the chair's performance - what a difference!!

Burlington was my "vacation" and I enjoyed myself: was able to spend time with my aunt on Wednesday, going to breakfast, and then seeing her new condo, and taking a ride with her for a couple hours before returning to Burlington. I then boarded a Bus to the Mall, and hung out with a buddy of mine for a few hours, and then we came home to Cherry Street, and I pushed back home with no assistance - My arms would have been tired if I had not used the power!!

When I go to Burlington or anywhere where I may have need to use my crutches, I attach them to the chairs crutch holder - I love that, becaus once strapped on, they do NOT come off - The only thing that happened this time that was strange was that the chair wheelied on me when fully loaded with crutches and backpack on board, so I had to throw the duffle bag in the seat so that the chair was not resting on her tipups - was surprised how far back she can wheelie :)

All in all, she did well, and I am happier, because I can do more pushing myself :)

Brian

Edited by baker7
  • 1 month later...