Mass Suicide Pact Made Via Internet Chat Rooms.

A man in Klamath Falls, Oregon used internet chat rooms and email to entice people to agree to sucide and even murder of children internationally, at least here in the United States, and Canada, maybe elsewhere. He has been caught, but the ones who agreed to it, including one who planned to murder her children are still unknown.

Anyone with information on anything like this that they have seen in a chat room, needs to contact the police involved in the case, before Monday the 14th, the sucide date.

I know this is a bit more than this board usually talks about, but I feel it is so important to try to find and stop these people, so hope you all will forgive me for the lurid subject matter.

Here are the story links to a couple of Portland Oregon TV news stations.

Katu, Portland, Oregon

Koin , Portland, Oregon

I hope the people that agreed to this will not follow through with it, and instead get professional help for their problems.

God bless everyone.

Ah, I thought this sounded familiar. They've had a bunch of these in Japan (surprise) over the past several years. Looks like at least two in the last six months.

I also saw that story yesterday. That man looks sick, very sick indeed. I also hope they can locate the people he's contacted and offer support for them.

i've spent about 30 minutes trying to think of a joke about this while surfing around. but alas i can't find anything funny about this crap.

all i can say is that i wish it wasn't true , but i've seen this kind of control from internet cults before.

not quite to this extent but control non the less. it's just like manson and others they are like mind control leaches. they prey on the lonley outcasts and give them a little hope and love. then they tell them that it'll be better this way.

I thought I should put an update on this story. Thankfully, so far it appears that no one has followed through with this suicide (and murder) plot, at least as far as anyone knows of.

This guy has attempted the same thing at least twice before, in Texas in 2000, and in California in 2003, and now Oregon. What an awful way to spend his life.

Yes he probably is a control freak, getting his kicks manipulating lonely unhappy people into doing his sick will.

The authorities have found five women involved in this so far. Portland Oregon, Georgia, Virginia, Missouri, and Toronto too.

This link is to story in today's Oregonian paper.

Oregonian Newspaper

What a strange world we live in that this sort of thing, and worse, goes on all over the world. Some people are so sick in the head that they only think of destroying lives, instead of helping people.

I am so glad we belong to boards where we can all help each other out and where there is board moderation to filter out the crazy stuff. We are so blessed with these, and other, good clean boards.

God bless everyone.