Playstation 3

WOW IBM, toshiba and sony have made a macroprocessor that is 10 times faster than a normal computer chip and it will be in the PS3 comming out later this year or early next year. I can't wait, Now well see what M$ can do when it has to think of something insted of buying out a company for it, HA XBox 2 has to stand up to the plate now and see what it can do.

OK lets start squashing rumors now. first of all no no no ..... and no M$ Xbox will not have a G5 in it. secondly IBM and Apple have been hard at work on the current and new G5 processor, but alas the whole G5 is not cool enough for the PS3. but they are planning another version based on the G5 for PS3. remember IBM loves Sony and Apple and Sony are deeply in each others pockets at this point.

ohhh and just an insider note, good old Bill is still trying to buy out Apple, and believe it or not i personally think that a little M$ money has entered Apple pockets at one time.

i have no idea what Nintendo is planning, i haven't worked for them yet. but they've been around a long time and are very innovative when it comes to hardware.

The current rumor is that the XBox Next is using a triple-core PowerPC. It is rumored to be derived from the PPC970 (G5) but I'd call that dubious at best; the rumor mill has a habit of referring to PowerPC processors solely in terms of Apple's current product line.

Nintendo is also supposed to be using some sort of PowerPC, but I stopped paying attention to them sometime before they replaced the SNES.

Edited by jcl
the rumor mill has a habit of referring to PowerPC processors solely in terms of Apple's current product line

yea, some people still don't realalize that most parts to products are farmed out to other companies. IBM has makes so many parts for so many products that it's funny to think of a company that makes all it's own products anymore.

that and there is over 6 different versions of IBMs G5 processor. which is just a more powerful version of another one.