Hello Everyone,

I was wondering whether or not there was an option to turn off the mouse click sound.

Reason being is that occasionally when I'm on the phone, I play freecell (so I may give that person my utmost attention). :rolleyes:

They can hear the click sounds and I'm sure it's pretty annoying to them.

I checked google, but couldn't find an answer.

I'm using Windows XP.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Well to save you from being caught "multitasking", I will give it a shot.

Have you checked Start, Control panel, Sounds and Multimedia? Check under both sound and audio? I don't have my mouse one on, so don't know for sure if this is where it changes or if it is under the Mouse settings. I have Windows 2000, so it may be different in XP.

I hope that gives you a start to solution. Of course you could always turn your speakers down. HaHa! I very seldom have mine on, as I like peace and quiet. Ha!

God bless everyone.

Thanks Chappy and thesidekickcat for replying.

I've tried what was suggested, control panel, sounds and audio devices, and set the sound scheme to none. No Luck, click is still there.

And turning the speakers down doesn't help either. The click sound is still there.

Oh well, guess I'll REALLY have to give people my full attention when talking on the phone.

Thanks again.

Hello Wayne,

Not fair if he is, since I went to the trouble of trying to help him in spite of still dealing with a relapse of the flu.

I suggest if it is the physical click in the mouse itself, like the click of the typewriter keys, that he either not use it while on phone, or hold phone receiver away from mouse.

How are things going with you my friend, better I hope. Remember your board family cares about you.

God bless everyone.

Hello Wayne,

Not fair if he is, since I went to the trouble of trying to help him in spite of still dealing with a relapse of the flu.

I suggest if it is the physical click in the mouse itself, like the click of the typewriter keys, that he either not use it while on phone, or hold phone receiver away from mouse.

How are things going with you my friend, better I hope. Remember your board family cares about you.

God bless everyone.

lol..i must have read and re-read this post 10 times last night..before anyone responded..and decided to keep my initial reaction to myself...but after seeing it here and on the Worldstart board today i just had to point out that it seems a bit silly... don't you think...to be so concerned about the sound of a mouse click..??

things are well with me and the girls...wife seems to be well on the road to recovery...and that's a good thing..thanx so much for your kind thoughts.. Hope you feel better soon...

wayne :D;)

That is truly good news about your wife. Praise God.

Thanks for the well wishes for me surviving the flu. I feel somewhat better today, but hubby is now worse. Ugh I hate the flu!!!!

I have an, unrelated to flu, appointment with the Dr tomorrow, sure hope my blood pressure is better. Have been eating 5 stalks of celery a day, BP went down alot in first couple of weeks of eating celery (after reading it works to lower BP), but don't know if it goes up when a person has been sick. We'll see. Sure hope it is down and stays there by just eating celery. Sure safer than meds.

Another idea about the mouse click, he could stuff cotton in his ears then he wont be bothered with it or know it is clicking!!! HaHa!

Of course we can't do anything to help him not feel guilty on the "multitasking" while on phone. HaHa!!!

God bless everyone.

..............."And turning the speakers down doesn't help either. The click sound is still there."

are you talking about the physical click sound of the mouse button..??

..if so i think your pulling our chains here... <_<

sorry but i'm having a hard time taking this seriously..

screi,

Thank you for your reply.

No, I'm not pulling your chain, and No, it's not such a big deal. I posted this in world start message board thinking someone over there would have additional information.

I did learn some things related to this, but it didn't solve the issue.

I felt that with all the knowledge that's here on the board, someone would know if this could be done.

I'm not as techie as most here and therefore I ask a lot of stupid questions.

If it something that can't be done, I definately won't lose sleep over it.

Will try not to bother anyone with stupid questions here.

By the way, I'm a female.

...well no one said your question was stupid..but i did say and still believe that it's a bit silly to be so concerned about the sound a mouse click makes...

..and what amazes me is that you seem to be so obsessed with free cell..that you can't simply stop playing for the duration of a phone call...especially since you believe it might be annoying the person you are talking to..

not sure what your being a female has to do with anything...?? :blink::unsure:

..............."And turning the speakers down doesn't help either. The click sound is still there."

screi,

No, I'm not pulling your chain, and No, it's not such a big deal. I posted this in world start message board thinking someone over there would have additional information.

I felt that with all the knowledge that's here on the board, someone would know if this could be done.

Don't worry about it, this is exactly why this forums exists: So people can get their problems answered. Some problems seem more silly than others, but who cares? I can name so many i've posted on this on other forums, but people don't think I'm stupid....Or do they? :unsure:

screi,

Sorry about all this.

Forgive us please for not being more understanding.

Sometimes I just get kind of cranky, especially lately. I am really sorry.

Go ahead and ask questions, and do the feedback, like this time, when we blow it, too, so we will see our mistakes and try better next time.

As for being female, it doesn't matter. "He" is just easier to write/read when we don't know which. And I am a (60 year old) female too, and also not very "techie". Old enough to know I shouldn't be so cranky, sarcastic, ornery, etc. though. I am sorry.

Sometimes we use pretty heavy handed teasing, and for that I am sorry. Keep on posting and keep us on our toes to do right by everyone.

As for whether something is "stupid", well I bet each of us has had their turn at posting something others thought was not bright.

I just did a big stupid appearing/feeling mess over on G4. I am not sure what happened, but a post I did went through, but not completely on what showed on my afterpost thread. But it must have made it, because Sultan quoted it right. Though he may have fixed one of my links. And on my post that link didn't work at all, and the other one was gone along with part of the text. So I checked and edited, no go, and tried again, no go. By that time Sultan had answered and rescued me. So I replied to him. Then tried to edit original again, wouldn't work. Finally due to sheer determination, I got totally out of that board, went back in, refreshed, and did the edit, which seems to have worked, though I am holding my breath. Anyhow by the time I got it done, I was feeling so stupid, I finally just got off G4 for awhile. I still don't know what or why I was having so much trouble, or maybe it is just one of those strange things that happens, or the flu addled my brain???? or ????? So I am the first to admit, I do stupid stuff, and ask stupid questions (anyone around remember how I couldn't figure out how to immunize Spybot?), give stupid answers, plus I get into long involved stupid explanations like now. HaHa!!!

So bottom line, please forgive me and just jump right in and post anytime you want to about anything. I will try to do better next time. Even if I tease a bit, just dish it right back to me. OK???

Here is a big candy heart for you.

God bless everyone.

Thank you murtu52 and thesidekickcat,

I really appreciate your responses.

To tell you the truth, anytime I have questions and concerns, I feel more comfortable posting them here instead of G4techtv and Worldstart message boards.

Even though I don't post too often, I read these posts daily.

Thank you again. Will definately post more questions and concerns here.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Take care.