Internet Exployer Problem

I had a problem with Windows XP and had to use the recovery feature in the CD that came with the Dell desktop. My skills are very limited, but I was able to get the computer back up and running. Now when I click on Exployer ver 7, it opens with the message it is running with add-ons disabled. Turning off and restarting, it still appears. How do I turn this off.

Edited by hpg

Launch IE go to tools => add ons => manage add ons

enable them

Pete, as usual , thank you as you have helped me in the past. Last night, I rebooted the computer and it loaded with add-ons. This morning, when I turned it on and went to IE 7, it loaded without add-ons. I rebooted and it them came on with add ons. :blink::wacko: If I hit tools, manage add-ons, it shows 4 lines. Presently, it's on add-ons presently loaded in IE. When it loads without add ons, that feature is grayed out. <_< Boy did I pick the wrong month to quit drinking and go on a diet. :angry:

Whenever you make changes like this it is best to restart rather than use the application in question (Internet Explorer). What I would do is disable the addons, reboot, enable them and reboot.

It is possible that one of the add ons is malfunctioning and hence IE is loading the "IE Safe mode" with all addons disabled.

If you suspect this the solution is to disable all add ons and enable them one at a time ; at a minimum close IE after each one is enabled and then re open it .

I would also recommend that you go to the malware board and post a hijackthis log to ensure you are not infected.

Whenever you make changes like this it is best to restart rather than use the application in question (Internet Explorer). What I would do is disable the addons, reboot, enable them and reboot.

It is possible that one of the add ons is malfunctioning and hence IE is loading the "IE Safe mode" with all addons disabled.

If you suspect this the solution is to disable all add ons and enable them one at a time ; at a minimum close IE after each one is enabled and then re open it .

I would also recommend that you go to the malware board and post a hijackthis log to ensure you are not infected.

When you say enable them one at a time, how do I do that. When I click enable , which of the four things should I use. Sorry, I an old guy and not very good with computers.